- At Alpha Milestone, all packages should be testable and feature complete--whether they are "official features" of the release or not
- Builds must come from the branch in source control
- Changes to packages at and after the Alpha Milestone must follow the Branch Freeze Policy.
- Between Alpha and Beta milestones, daily "Alpha" Live spins can be downloaded at: http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/
- (These are built continuously from Branched until just before Final release.)
- Between the Alpha and Beta milestones, the official Alpha distribution can be downloaded at: http://fedoraproject.org/get-prerelease
- Alpha freeze should not start immediately after mass-rebuild, which could bring broken dependencies. Example could be mass-rebuild in F-15 followed by branching and alpha freeze, which lead to long list of broken dependencies.