Fedora Ambassadors - Ambassador Kit
This project is currently in the proposal phase. During this phase we would like to accomplish the following items:
- Detail what is contained in the Ambassador Kit.
- Estimate costs of obtaining items for the Ambassador Kit.
- Determine a way to coordinate shipping and scheduling of the Ambassador Kit.
The purpose of the Ambassador Kit is to help Ambassadors better represent Fedora at ad-hoc events, or chance meetings. This is not the same as the Event Box and should not be treated the same. However, Ambassador Kits might be used in the event box at some point, but this is not its purpose.
The goal is to provide a way to allow a Fedora Ambassador to have a turnkey solution for providing Ambassadors with tools to make small or ad-hoc events Fedora a much simpler success. Whether the ambassador is presenting or just sharing with a small group he/she met on the street, the Ambassador Kit can provide a simple, professional look and feel that will win over an interested party. This box would contain materials to allow a somewhat uniform and professional appearance of Fedora at events Ambassadors attend. This is one part of helping lower the hurdle of taking on organizing a Fedora presence at a local event.
Where did this idea come from?
From the idea that Ambassadors needed a better way to represent Fedora to the community in a professional manner.
What's in an Ambassador Kit
Ideally, the Ambassador Kit will contain all of the items below. Because we're a volunteer group, the Ambassador Kits should contain at a minimum:
- Welcome Letter, with Instructions / Recommendations
- 20 bits of media (eg. 10LiveCDs and 10 DVDs) only 10 will fit in the box
- T-Shirt (3)
- Fedora stickers (20 sheets)
- Fedora buttons (approx 40)
The Ambassador Kit might also include, or substitute items above for anything they have on hand. Some of the items we generally have available:
- One DIY box / container
- Fedora case badges (10 sheets)
Future kits might include:
- Fedora labeled USB sticks (4-5, costly, so initial efforts won't include these)
- Fedora poster (optional), preferably just the Fedora logo