Anaconda iSCSI Cleanup
Improve anaconda's iSCSI support.
This is a complete iscsi rewrite that also adds the new libiscsi and associated python bindings.
- Hans DeGoede <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Targeted release: [Fedora 11]
- Last updated: (04/17/09)
- Percentage of completion: 100%
iSCSI support in anaconda needed extensive cleanup. This feature replaces existing code with new code using libiscsi.
- Report error when we cannot add a disk instead of silently failing (461830)
- Report error when trying to use iscsi from kickstart without having an iscsiname directive first (463156)
- Better feedback while scanning iscsi disks
- Make ibft work with chap and 2-way chap
- Make ibft configured disks available for upgrades and in rescue mode
- Make ibft boot work even when iscsi-initiator-utils is installed after the kernel in the transaction
- For non ibft discovered devices, the sendtargets discovery authentication information (username and secret) must be identical to the authentication information for the portal to the target.
Benefit to Fedora
Fewer anaconda bugs and easier maintenance. Additional support for ibft, CHAP, reverse CHAP.
- Review and fix numerous reported problems
- Include latest ibft, CHAP and reverse CHAP support
- Test install to a regular disk with /home on iscsi using no authentication
- Test install to a regular disk with /home on iscsi using 1-way CHAP
- Test install to a regular disk with /home on iscsi using 2-way CHAP
- Test install with / on iscsi using an iBFT capable system using no authentication
- Test install with / on iscsi using an iBFT capable system using 1-way CHAP
- Test install with / on iscsi using an iBFT capable system using 2-way CHAP
- Test install with / on 1 iscsi target and /home on a different target using an iBFT capable system
- Test install with / on 1 iscsi lun and /home on a different lun of the same target using an iBFT capable system
- When using NetworkManager for network configuration and using an iscsi /, other iscsi based file systems (ie /boot) will not be brought up automatically.
None; this is a necessary revision of existing (broken) support
See http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/html/index.html for details of the libiscsi API
Not user visible so none needed