Anaconda iSCSI Cleanup
Improve anaconda's iSCSI support.
This is a complete iscsi rewrite that also adds the new libiscsi and associated python bindings.
- Hans DeGoede <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Targeted release: [Fedora 11]
- Last updated: (02/10/09)
- Percentage of completion: 95%
iSCSI support in anaconda needed extensive cleanup. This feature replaces existing code with new code using libiscsi.
- Report error when we cannot add a disk instead of silently failing (461830)
- Report error when trying to use iscsi from kickstart without having an iscsiname directive first (463156)
- Better feedback while scanning iscsi disks
- Make ibft work with chap and 2-way chap
- Make ibft configured disks available for upgrades and in rescue mode
- Make ibft boot work even when iscsi-initiator-utils is installed after the kernel in the transaction
Benefit to Fedora
Fewer anaconda bugs and easier maintenance. Additional support for ibft, CHAP, reverse CHAP.
- Review and fix numerous reported problems
- Include latest ibft, CHAP and reverse CHAP support
- Test install to a regular disk with /home on iscsi using no authentication
- Test install to a regular disk with /home on iscsi using 1-way CHAP
- Test install to a regular disk with /home on iscsi using 2-way CHAP
- Test install with / on iscsi using an iBFT capable system using no authentication
- Test install with / on iscsi using an iBFT capable system using 1-way CHAP
- Test install with / on iscsi using an iBFT capable system using 2-way CHAP
- Test install with / on 1 iscsi target and /home on a different target using an iBFT capable system
- Test install with / on 1 iscsi lun and /home on a different lun of the same target using an iBFT capable system
- When using NetworkManager for network configuration and using an iscsi /, other iscsi based file systems (ie /boot) will not be brought up automatically.
None; this is a necessary revision of existing (broken) support
See http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/html/index.html for details of the libiscsi API
Not user visible so none needed