Support iSCSI Partial Offload Devices
When the machine's iBFT information about iSCSI targets is found on a device that supports partial offload for transport (be2iscsi, bnx2i, cxgb3i), make sure the partial offload capability is used.
- Name: Ales Kozumplik
- Targeted release: Fedora 16
- Last updated: 08:49, 12 January 2011 (UTC)
- Percentage of completion: 30%
iSCSI partial offload cards allow the machine to offload part of the iSCSI related processing to them. This decreases CPU load and can improve the speed that with which we access the target iSCSI storage. In Anaconda, this means faster installation and more importantly correct dracut configuration so the installed system is able to boot from a remote iSCSI target already utilizing the offload.
This has two parts:
- Whenever IBFT record is found in the offload card, create offload connection to the target.
- Allow user to create partially offloaded sessions using the offload card they specify through GUI (even with no IBFT info).