Fedora 18 ARM Alpha
We are pleased to announce the Alpha release of Fedora 18/ARM. Installable images and tar files are now available for download from:
What is included in the Alpha release?
The Alpha release includes prebuilt images for Versatile Express (QEMU), Trimslice, Pandaboard and Highbank hardware platforms. Prebuilt images can be written directly to SD Card, USB, or SATA drive and booted without any additional steps or configuration.
- This test images include the updates-testing repository enabled by default.
- Images were composed using tools in Fedora 17 due to continuing work on Fedora 18.
- When using the images on the Pandaboard and Trimslice the system will automatically reboot twice by default for the following:
- repartition the root filesystem on first boot. To prevent this delete the '.rootfs-repartition' flag in '/' or by passing a kernel command line argument of 'nofsresize'.
- The image will automatically be relabeled for SE Linux, this may take some time and will reboot when finished.
- Additional Release Notes
- Common F18 Bugs
Contributing to Fedora ARM
Please join us on the IRC in #fedora-arm on Freenode or on our mailing list email@example.com. For more information on common and known bugs or tips on how to report bugs please refer to the release notes:
There are many ways to contribute beyond bug reporting. You can help translate software and content, test and give feedback on software updates, write and edit documentation, help with all sorts of promotional activities, and package free software for use by millions of Fedora users worldwide. To get started, visit http://join.fedoraproject.org today!