Getting Started with the Fedora ARM Port
The easiest way to get started is to download a prebuilt root filesystem built from F12 packages that includes yum. This is suitable to chroot into, and then installing additional packages as needed using yum. You will also need a suitable kernel for your device.
- Using Fedora ARM with Qemu
- Using Fedora ARM with Sheevaplug
- Using Fedora ARM on a Sheevaplug from USB drive
- Using Fedora ARM on a Sheevaplug with the rootfs on a SD Card
- Installing Fedora ARM on a Sheevaplug
- Installing Fedora ARM on a Guruplug
Fedora ARM Repositories
The work to date is available from: ftp.linux.org.uk.
Latest Release: Fedora 12
The following is available for F12:
- A set of patches necessary to make Fedora packages build for ARM.
- A set of binary RPMs from the base F12 repository, but no updates repository. Source RPMS are currently unavailable.
- A prebuilt root filesystem to help you get started quickly. (Default root password is "fedoraarm")
Older Fedora releases
See this page.
We also provide: