Bootstrapping Fedora mipsel
Current status: Stage 4
Stages 1 and 2
Stage 1 - Cross-compile kernel, glibc, gcc, make and other tools to be able to either boot a system or create a working chroot
Stage 2 - Build a working RPM from upstream sources
Stages 1 and 2 have been skipped. Instead of cross-compiling tools and building basic root filesystem, the existing Debian environment which has a working RPM and most of the libraries required for bootstrapping Fedora has been used.
Build packages using RPM until mock can be used. Make the system bootable on real hardware and in QEMU.
Using RPM and libraries from Debian Jessie available from http://www.elinux.org/CI20_Distros#Upgrading_to_Debian_8_.2F_Jessie a small set of RPMs forming a very limited Fedora root has been built. Not all the dependencies are satisfied and a few sonames do not match between Debian and Fedora, but installing the stage3 set with `rpm --nodeps` forms a working Fedora chroot that can be used for building.
- Repo BIN: http://mipsfedora.imgtec.com/development/22/mipsel/stage3/bin/
- Repo DEBUG: http://mipsfedora.imgtec.com/development/22/mipsel/stage3/debug/
- Repo SOURCE: http://mipsfedora.imgtec.com/development/22/mipsel/stage3/src/
Since Stage 3 requires commenting out all BuildRequires and supplying all the dependencies manually, it seems to be more practical to use a "true" Fedora chroot as soon as possible. The minimal root built in Stage 3 has been installed and used for further building. Since this is somewhere between Stages 3 and 4, it has been named Stage 3.1.
- Repo BIN: http://mipsfedora.imgtec.com/development/22/mipsel/stage3.1/bin/
- Repo DEBUG: http://mipsfedora.imgtec.com/development/22/mipsel/stage3.1/debug/
- Repo SOURCE: http://mipsfedora.imgtec.com/development/22/mipsel/stage3.1/src/
Build everything using mock until a reasonable set of packages is built and Koji can take over.
- Repo BIN: http://mipsfedora.imgtec.com/development/22/mipsel/stage4/bin/
- Repo DEBUG: http://mipsfedora.imgtec.com/development/22/mipsel/stage4/debug/
- Repo SOURCE: http://mipsfedora.imgtec.com/development/22/mipsel/stage4/src/
- Repo BIN: http://mipsfedora.imgtec.com/development/23/mipsel/stage4/bin/
- Repo DEBUG: http://mipsfedora.imgtec.com/development/23/mipsel/stage4/debug/
- Repo SOURCE: http://mipsfedora.imgtec.com/development/23/mipsel/stage4/src/
Rebuild everything using koji.
Have koji-shadow set up and track primary.