PowerPC/POWER Special Interest Group
- IRC: on irc.freenode.net
- Mailing List:
- Adrian Reber
- Karsten Hopp (IBM Power 730 Express Server, PowerMac G5)
- Jiri Skala
- Dan Horák (IBM IntelliStation 275)
- David Aquilina (release engineer)
- Mark Hamzy
- Brent Baude
- Gustavo Luiz Duarte
- We don't schedule any IRC meetings, although starting at the Alpha phase of any release we'll try to find some time each day to discuss open issues on our channel on IRC .
- The last 'real' meeting of the Fedora-PPC team took place at the FUDcon 2013 in Lawrence, Kansas.
Architectures/PowerPC/CurrentDevelopment tracks our current development efforts.
You can find information about previous Fedora for Power releases at Architectures/PowerPC/PreviousReleases.
Build System & Resources
All official Fedora PowerPC packages are built by the koji build system at the PowerPC koji hub
Everyone with a Fedora account can do scratch builds of packages on the PowerPC koji build system. After running fedora-packager-setup from the fedora-packager rpm
ppc-koji build --scratch f17 yourpkg.src.rpm
Scratch builds can be found here, and will be removed from koji automatically after a while.
For a build to end up in the final Fedora for Power distribution, that NVR must have been built on the primary Fedora koji and then pushed as an update for that release. koji-shadow is used by Fedora for Power to track both the stable (e.g. 'f18' during f18 branched development and 'f18-updates' after GA) and updates-testing tags of each release, as well as the current rawhide tag. Please feel free to find dwa or Kick_ on the #fedora-ppc IRC channel if you have questions about the koji-shadow process.
PPC Shell access for debugging