PowerPC/POWER Special Interest Group
- IRC: #fedora-ppc on irc.freenode.net
- Mailing List: fedora-ppc mailing list
- Adrian Reber
- Karsten Hopp (IBM Power 730 Express Server, PowerMac G5)
- Jiri Skala
- Dan Horák (IBM IntelliStation 275)
- David Aquilina (release engineer)
- Mark Hamzy
- Brent Baude
- Gustavo Luiz Duarte
- We don't schedule any IRC meetings, although starting at the Alpha phase of any release we'll try to find some time each day to discuss open issues on our #fedora-ppc channel on IRC .
- The next 'real' meeting of the Fedora-PPC team is planned at the FUDcon 2013 in Lawrence, Kansas.
You can find information about previous Fedora for Power releases at Architectures/PowerPC/PreviousReleases.
The PowerPC koji build system
All official Fedora PowerPC packages will be built by the koji build system at the PowerPC koji hub
Building packages on the PowerPC koji build system
Everyone with a Fedora account can do at least scratch builds of packages on the PowerPC koji build system, package maintainers who can check changes into the git repositories can build updated packages that will later on end up in the distribution.
Doing scratch builds
After running fedora-packager-setup from the fedora-packager rpm
ppc-koji build --scratch f17 yourpkg.src.rpm
These builds will be removed from koji automatically after a while.
'Real' builds will be pulled into the package repositories and into the install images, unless they got replaced by later versions. After running fedora-packager-setup from the fedora-packager rpm
ppc-koji build f17 "$(fedpkg giturl)"
fedpkg build --target=f17 (this works only when you have a symlink from ~/.koji/ppc-config to ~/.koji/config)
(currently broken: bugzilla 787776 )