Virtualization API Development
All development on libvirt is independant of the Fedora Project. This todo list simply indicates the priority (wish) list for libvirt functionality needed by Fedora
- Hot-plug/unplug of devices. In particular to allow CDROM devices to be switched while a guest is running
- Support for managing inactive Xen domains. eg by scanning for config files /etc/xen
- Remote management. Allow use of libvirt APIs from a remote machine - currently limited to on-box management
- QEMU backend. Allow management of QEMU instances using same APIs as for Xen.
- KVM backend. Could likely re-use 95% of the functionality from QMEU backend.
Anyone interested in volunteering to work on these items should make themselves known to the libvirt mailing list.
There is a need for a very low overhead API for colllecting, distributing and processing resource utilization data. eg, Ganglia but with a formal API accessible to applications. A prototype of such a system is in development under the name Spectre .