(Imported from MoinMoin)
m (1 revision(s))
Revision as of 16:25, 24 May 2008
Virtualization API Development
Virtual Machine Manage (aka virt-manager)
The Virtual Machine Manager application is a desktop GUI built on top of libvirt for managing the lifecycle of virtual machines. It currently supports management of the Xen hypervisor on a local box - the VMWare Workstation use case. The following is a wishlist for work in FC7 (and beyond):
- Remote (off-node) management
- QEMU management
- Ability to change CDROM devices
- Ability to install paravirt guests off local CD/DVD media
- Ability to use a cobbler / koan server as the install source
- Support for non-Fedora paravirtualized install sources (eg, SuSE, Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo etc)
Virt Guest Install (aka virtguest-install)
The virtguest-install script provides a command line interface for creation of virtual machines. It uses the same underlying libraries as virt-manager for its work.
Cobbler / Koan provisioning tools
The Cobbler & Koan tools provide a means for provisioning bare metal & virtualized systems in a single toolkit.