m (Add category and header)
(Add to AutoQA category)
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
Revision as of 14:46, 25 August 2009
What is autotest?
Autotest is "a framework for automated testing". It gives us a way to run automated tests and collect results. For more information, see their wiki: http://autotest.kernel.org/
How is it used in Fedora?
We're planning to use it as the test harness for AutoQA, starting with the Israwhidebroken.com Proposal. In the future we may open it up to allow all Fedora contributors to write tests and have them be run automatically.
How do I write a test for autotest?
The short version:
- Write a test. You can write it in whatever language you're comfortable with.
- Create a control file. This gives autotest some metadata about the test.
- Some control file requirements are listed under ControlRequirements on the autotest wiki.
- Create a test script. This runs your test program and reports back the results.
- Create a new dir in the autoqa git tree for your test.
- The details of this process have yet to be finalized.
Writing a test
Writing a control file
Writing the test script
Checking in the new test