In November 2011 there are two seats up for election. The seats open are seat E1 (currently held by Joerg Simon) and E2 (currently held by Jaroslav Reznik).
Jaroslav Reznik (jreznik)
- Goal statement: the Board should be the transparent body of Fedora
- Past work summary: current Fedora Board member (E2 seat), Fedora KDE & Fedora system management guy
- Future plans: to help setting up responsibilities inside the Board (for example to avoid uncertainty who's responsible to run elections and of course it could help gaining more transparency), same should be spread across the whole Fedora Project :) - for SIGs and individuals too, it will help us to behave more transparently. I hope this could attract a new "blood" to Fedora steering veins once people see what Board, FESCo, FAMSCo and other SIGs do.
- Anything else you want to add: you're all amazing (speaking to all Fedora contributors)
Larry Cafiero (lcafiero)
- Goal statement: To keep the Fedora Project moving forward, and to give a stronger voice on the Fedora Board to SIGs and non-GNOME spins (Truth in advertising: I primarily use both the KDE and Xfce spins).
- Past work summary: Fedora Ambassador, 2008-present; former Fedora Ambassador Steering Committee member, resigned May 2011 for personal reasons; Documentation, summer 2011-present.
- Future plans: It is not hyperbole to say that the Fedora Project is the standard by which all Linux distro projects should be judged. To a significant degree that's a testament to the both the outstanding Fedora community and to its administration by FAmSCo, FESCo and the Fedora Board. I would hope to maintain -- or even surpass -- this high standard by being a Fedora Board member.
- Anything else you want to add: If you'll permit me a Captain Obvious moment, it's an honor and a privilege both to be a Fedora contributor as well as to work with everyone in the Fedora Project who shares a high commitment to Free/Open Source Software.
Name (IRC nickname)
- Goal statement:
- Past work summary:
- Future plans:
- Anything else you want to add: