The following elections will take place in November/December 2012:
- Fedora Project Board (two seats)
- FESCo (Engineering) (four seats)
- FAmSCo (Ambassadors) (three seats)
- Fedora 19 Name (separate schedule from the committee elections)
All dates and times noted are UTC time.
Fedora Board Elections November/December 2012
For the last election, please look at NominationsMayJune2012
There are two seats up for elections this year:
More information on board seats history is available here
- Goal statement:
- Past work summary:
- Future plans:
- Anything else you want to add:
John Dulaney (j_dulaney)
- Mission statement: To promote Fedora in my role as an ambassador; to continue to develop test criteria for new features coming into Fedora and evolve the QA process as needed to fit with the evolution of Fedora. I will also strive to make sure that Fedora remains at the forefront of technology and to be the best Free distribution of Linux.
- Past work summary I am a member of the Fedora Quality Assurance team. I help write test cases for new features, I am a proven tester (testing critical path software updates), I test new releases starting prior to branching, and I help establish release criteria. I am also a Fedora Ambassador, especially within the Fayetteville region. I spread knowledge of Linux in general and Fedora in particular and inform people that they do have a choice for Freedom.
- Future plans: Strive to improve the testing of Fedora; both personally and collectively throughout the QA team, to continue to educate people on the advantages of Linux and Free Software, and to continue to test Fedora.
Dan Mashal (dan408)
- Mission statement: To make Fedora better in any way I possibly can for both users, sysadmins, and developers.
- Past work summary:
-BitchX and Scrollz IRC clients
-MATE Desktop (official feature of Fedora 18)
MATE Desktop -Co maintainer of Cinnamon DE.
Fedora 17 (Beefy Miracle)
Fedora 18 (Spherical Cow)
-Held Fedora 17 release party in Walnut Creek, CA.
-Spoke at Silicon Valley Linux Users Group - Aug 1, 2012
-Hosted puppetconf 2012 Fedora booth
-Hosted OLPC Summit 2012 Fedora booth.
-Spoke at Silicon Valley Linux Users Group - Nov 1, 2012
- Future plans: Improve communication between groups within Fedora, to make Fedora the "cool" distro to use again. To make Fedora easier to use for everyone. To make it more accessible for the every day person. To make Fedora the #1 free operating system on the planet.
- Anything else you want to add: The first time I installed Linux it was Slackware in 1996. Since then I have my first encounter with Red Hat Linux was version 5. I have run Fedora on production servers. Fedora is like my 2nd job and my passion and I want to see it be the best distribution it possibly can be.