This SOP covers how to make git and pkgdb branches for packages, either for new packages that have passed review, or for existing packages that need a new branch (e.g. EPEL). Release Engineering has written a script to automate this process.
Normal Action (automated)
1) On your local system (not on an infrastructure hosted system), be sure you have the following packages installed:
2) Run "bugzilla login" and successfully receive an Authorization cookie.
3) Clone the fedora-infrastructure tools repository:
git clone ssh://git.fedorahosted.org/git/releng.git
4) In scripts/process-git-requests, run "process-git-requests". Answer the prompts.
Creating a new branch for an existing package
1) ssh into pkgs.fedoraproject.org
2) pkgdb-client edit -u $YOURUSERNAME -b $NEWBRANCH --master=devel $NAMEOFPACKAGE
3) pkgdb2branch.py $NAMEOFPACKAGE