Who Are The BugZappers?
We are a group of volunteers and Red Hat employees whose primary mission is to review and triage bug report submissions on bugzilla.redhat.com, acting as a bridge between users and developers to aid in fixing and closing bugs.
The Bugs/Common content is one useful page we help maintain.
Triaging bugs helps package maintainers spend more time on actually fixing bugs, and provides needed assistance to other Fedora users. No programming knowledge is necessary, and triagers don't necessarily need to understand the bugs they are working on - just help others communicate about them. To find out more about why and how to become a BugZapper, see Joining.
- Triage Fedora bugs in Bugzilla. Request missing information, verify correct component has been chosen, and close duplicates.
- Nominate "target" and "blocker" bugs (tracked here) that should be fixed before the next release, according to the release criteria.
- Perform housekeeping during release EOL ("End of Life") transitions in coordination with ReleaseEngineering.
Tools and Procedures
- The BugZappers/Tools page contains several tools and scripts that are of use to BugZappers, including Greasemonkey scripts to make triaging quicker and easier.
- Bugzilla Primer
- Components and Triagers - Tracking progress and who's working on what
- Finding Bugs help
- How to find duplicate bugs
- How to Triage - Includes checklists for use when triaging bugs
- Housekeeping processes tied to the Fedora release cycle
- Stock Responses
- Bug Lifecycle
BugZappers meetings are held on Tuesdays at 1500 UTC (10 AM EDT) in #fedora-meeting on freenode. Everyone is welcome, and we invite you to come and participate. Topics of discussion for the next meeting as well as IRC transcripts of previous meetings can be found here BugZappers Meetings.
You can also find us on #fedora-bugzappers, stop by and say hello and feel free to ask any questions you have. Also, you can keep up to date with what is going on in the BugZappers by subscribing to the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.