I have run into the following issues:
- (informational) you need to be running Fedora 17 to run a rawhide mock shell
Your host OS needs to have an rpm version that supports usermove. Also, your host OS is used when files are mounted.
- no source repo for rawhide
This is used when downloading source rpms to rebuild when fixing problems. A defect will be written.
cat << __EOF__ >> /etc/yum.conf [fedora-source] name=fedora-source mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide-source&arch=ppc64 failovermethod=priority __EOF__
- (informational) yum not installed during mock --init
Probably working as designed but still annoying.
- loop devices not created during mock --init
You have to run the following inside the shell:
- apply wwoods patch: hack to fix ppc ISO volume labels so yaboot doesn't flip out
(cd /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/; cat << __EOF__ | patch -p2 commit 04156443a55e1841e86a984c58b5a19531180621 Author: Will Woods <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: Wed Nov 16 16:17:58 2011 -0500 hack to fix ppc ISO volume labels so yaboot doesn't flip out blerg. yaboot freaks out if there's any slashes in its config, so we can't boot anything with non-ascii characters in the volume name. So we need to remove all non-ascii chars, and do it the same way lorax does it. This is why lorax and pungi shouldn't both be building bootable images. diff --git a/src/pypungi/__init__.py b/src/pypungi/__init__.py index d558307..638e534 100644 --- a/src/pypungi/__init__.py +++ b/src/pypungi/__init__.py @@ -1120,8 +1120,13 @@ class Pungi(pypungi.PungiBase): # NOTE: if this doesn't match what's in the bootloader config, the # image won't be bootable! extraargs.append('-V') - extraargs.append('%s %s %s' % (self.config.get('pungi', 'name'), - self.config.get('pungi', 'version'), self.config.get('pungi', 'arch'))) + cdlabel = '%s %s %s' % (self.config.get('pungi', 'name'), + self.config.get('pungi', 'version'), + self.config.get('pungi', 'arch')) + if self.config.get('pungi', 'arch').startswith('ppc'): + # special case for PPC, because yaboot is terrible + cdlabel = ''.join(ch if ch.isalnum() else '_' for ch in cdlabel) + extraargs.append(cdlabel) extraargs.extend(['-o', isofile]) __EOF__ )
- yaboot is not in repo
yum install http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/17/Fedora/ppc64/os/Packages/y/yaboot-1.3.17-2.fc16.ppc.rpm
- (fixed) libdrm_nouveau.so.1()(64bit) is needed by xorg-x11-drv-nouveau-1:0.0.16-34.20110720gitb806e3f.fc17.ppc64
I worked on http://fpaste.org/ua34/ . Karsten fixed it in the build simultaneously.
- docbook-style-xsl-1.77.1-1.fc18 was tagged instead of docbook-style-xsl-1.77.2-1.fc18
At one time, ppc.koji looked like this:
NVR Built by Finished State docbook-style-xsl-1.77.1-1.fc18 karsten 2012-06-22 09:34:30 complete docbook-style-xsl-1.77.1-2.fc18 karsten 2012-06-07 14:03:13 complete
It would be nice if we could figure out how this happened and prevent it in the future...
- systemd.spec needs to depend on docbook-style-xsl >= 1.77.1-2
add the following to the spec file: BuildRequires: docbook-style-xsl >= 1.77.1-2
- apply haraldh dracut patch: http://fpaste.org/K2sR/
- (optional/helpful) apply pungi debug output
- apply hamzy dracut readonly patch: 0051-fix-readonly-prefix.patch
- add python-udev to builder-rawhide-koji.ks
- add "installpkg python-pyudev" to runtime-install.tmpl
- don't delete ldconfig from glibc in runtime-cleanup.tmpl
- systemd.spec Provides libudev
- pyanaconda/pyudev.py uses .0 version of libudev library
- don't delete localdef from glibc-common in runtime-cleanup.tmpl
- Failed to start Network Manager
- ifconfig does not exist on install root
- Dependency failed for Shell on tty2