(Sort alphabeticaly, add myself.)
|Line 53:||Line 53:|
== Ideas/Proposals ==
== Ideas/Proposals ==
* [[SIGs/SciTech/SAGE|SAGE packaging discussion]]
* environment-modules to improve the "MPI alternatives" situation
* Fedora spin
== Packages ==
== Packages ==
Revision as of 15:47, 20 June 2011
Fedora Science and Technology SIG
The purpose of the Fedora Science and Technology SIG is to improve the number and quality of packages available for scientific and technical users.
- Mailing list: Fedora Scitech List
- #fedora-science on the freenode IRC network
- Michael Ughetto
- Adam Huffman
- Alex Lancaster
- Cody Smith
- Noah Lee
- Alexander C.
- Jerry James
- Jussi Lehtola
- Kevin Kofler
- Mario Ceresa
- Hector Naves
- Dominik Mierzejewski
- Chen Lei
- Vedran Miletić
- Yaakov Nemoy
- Yumas Hankouri
- UsingMultipleMPIs - How to use lam and openmpi on the same system.
- SAGE packaging discussion
- UsingMultipleMPIs use environment-modules to improve the "MPI alternatives" situation
- ns-3 network simulator packae
- create Fedora Science spin
Packages awaiting review
Add the FE-SCITECH blocker bug to any Science/Technology related review in Bugzilla. (Remember to remove it once the review is passed.)
- Asana Math font
- GAP - Computer algebra system - JasonTibbitts has a working and up-to-date GAP package, but it needs significant cleanup before it has a chance of passing review.
- Ideas of packages for bioinformatics base on bio-linux.
- ITK - Insight Segmentation and Registration Toolkit - software system to support the Visible Human Project - Under review InsightToolkit
- VV - Fast and simple image viewer, designed for visualization of spatio-temporal images: 2D, 2D+t, 3D and 3D+t (or 4D) - There are already binary rpms available
-  LAMMPS Molecular Dynamics Simulator
- SAGE Mathematica-like open source mathematics software ( SAGE packaging discussion )
- XPP - A tool for solving differential equations - Jason Tibbitts has a working package, but the program has such a poor interface that it may not be worth adding to the distro
- Neuron - A simulator of neurons and networks, useful for computational biology. Packages are available upstream; shouldn't be terribly hard to package properly but requires a truly ancient user interface toolkit.
- Nanodesigner - Example design 1 The Nanodesigner project is an attempt to create a software platform for research on nanometer sized objects. By objects is meant everything that consists of atoms: molecular motors, biomolecules, a crystal slab
- RasTop - Molecular Visualization Software
- Scilab - GUI based numerical analysis system. SIGs/SciTech/Scilab page has details on current status
- MGLTools - Includes AutoDockTools (docking of molecules), Python Molecular Viewer and Vision (python visual programming). Packaged for debian : http://mgltools.scripps.edu/News/mgltools-available-for-debian
- AmberTools - A set of tools for Assisted Model Building with Energy Refinement (AMBER). Dominik Mierzejewski is working on the package, contact him if you are interested or want to help.
List of applications we will NOT package
- Non-commercial clauses in applications licenses render them invalid for inclusion into Fedora Package Collection. Such apps are not Free and open source software and violates Clause 6 of the OSI definition. See an example of such clause:
This software may be copied and distributed for educational, research, and not for profit purposes provided that this copyright and statement are included in all such copies. Other copyrights may also apply.
|Name||Description||Why it won't be packaged|
|EMC2||Mesh generation utility||Non-Free license (verified by fedora-legal)|
|VMD||Molecular Visualization and Analysis Package||Non-Free license|
|fasta2 and fasta3||The FASTA programs find regions of local or global (new) similarity between Protein or DNA sequences||License contains non-commercial clause|
|MOLDEN||A package for displaying Molecular Density from Ab Initio and Semi-Empirical packages||Non-Free license|
This category has only the following subcategory.