Category:Summer Coding 2010 ideas
(clean up to make page easier to read and use)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Use talk page to discuss ideas and proposals
Use the ''discussion tab'' ([[Talk:Name of idea]]) page for all discussion about an idea.
Idea pages be renamed as proposals , and all discussion about the proposal should also go in the talk page.
== Idea page sample ==
== Idea page sample ==
Revision as of 18:49, 6 April 2010
This page holds all the ideas suggested by community members for the Fedora Summer Coding 2010 program.
Scroll to the bottom of this page for all the pages in the 2010 ideas category.
Other ideas that were incomplete or worth considering from the past are found at Summer coding ideas for 2009.
Looking for JBoss.org ideas? http://community.jboss.org/wiki/GoogleSummerofCode2010
- If you provide a use case and some ideas of how to solve, you give more room for students to put in their own ideas and passion.
- Consider if that is possible for each of your project ideas.
- Prepare a project idea page, part of which is included on this page.
- To learn how to add an idea to this page, read How to create an idea page for Summer Coding.
- Use talk page to discuss ideas and proposals.
- Use the discussion tab (Talk:Name of idea) page for all discussion about an idea.
- Idea pages should be renamed as proposals when accepted, and all discussion about the proposal should also go in the talk page.
Idea page sample
The main page for this idea is Summer Coding 2010 ideas - Idea page sample.
Summary of idea:
The main page for this idea is Summer Coding 2010 ideas - RHQ.
Summary of idea: Various ideas related to RHQ: http://rhq-project.org
Contacts: Heiko W. Rupp <hwr @ redhat.com >, pilhuhn on irc.freenode.net/#rhq
Mentor(s): Heiko W. Rupp
Notes: Ideas are e.g. better visual representation of the inventory (graphical forests), new graphing code for metrics (as DOM+CSS+JS versions), allowing different availability check interval for 'important' resources, separating agent heart beat from availability messages or combining data from different resources and types to trigger alerts on this combined data ("Correlation units"). Other ideas are very welcome. Also check the Ideas wiki page at http://rhq-project.org/display/RHQ/Ideas
KDE Netbook Spin
The main page for this proposal is Summer Coding 2010 ideas - KDE Netbook Spin.
Status: Accepting Applications
Summary of idea: The creation of an official KDE Netbook Edition Spin for Fedora 14
Contacts: Ryan Rix < rrix fedoraproject.org >, rrix on irc.freenode.net/#fedora-kde
Mentor(s): Ryan Rix rrix on irc.freenode.net/#fedora-kde, Jaroslav Reznik jreznik on irc.freenode.net/#fedora-kde
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Summer Coding 2010 ideas"
The following 52 pages are in this category, out of 52 total.