This is a draft for an updated Cloud SIG web site. Please see the current page at Cloud SIG, which has actual useful information.
Fedora Cloud SIG
- ec2 - docs - participate (below)
What Do We Mean by "Cloud"?
(this should probably be a short paragraph and a link for more)
Areas of Activity
Fedora in the Cloud
Cloud guest images and cloud guest issues.
- ec2 images - other public cloud providers - images for private or hybrid clouds
Constituents: anyone interested in development and production use of Fedora as a server platform
The Cloud on Fedora
Cloud platforms packaged for and running on Fedora.
- openstack / eucalyptus / cloudstack / opennebula - openshift origin - owncloud / sparkleshare
Constituents: upstream cloud infrastructure projects, downstream distros using Fedora, Fedora as tech preview, Fedora as testbed, Fedora as part of real infrastructure (ovirt-node). Special note for EPEL.
The Cloud for Fedora
The Fedora Project as a user of cloud technologies.
- Fedora Infrastructure private cloud - connections with openshift? - other ways we can use cloud tech to benefit Fedora development
Constituents: Fedora contributors
Fedora as Cloud End-Point
Desktop and mobile devices running Fedora connect to cloud services.
- connecting with cloud accounts - software-as-a-service for fedora users - possible service offerings
Constituents: users of Fedora as a desktop or mobile operating system. Special note for privacy and data-control concerns.
Participating in the Cloud SIG
(nothing fancy required to join... ways of participating below...)
(note packaging and documentation as activities...)