Fedora Events: Developer Conference, Brno, Czech Republic
- an Open conference for all Linux and JBoss Developers, Admins and Linux users organized by Red Hat Czech Republic
- Presentations will be held by Red Hat, Fedora and JBoss users and developers
- The conference has free entrance, no registration needed
- For questions, please contact RadekVokal, MarekMahut or Jiri Eischmann
- Check out DeveloperConference2011 and photos for last year event
- Please register to get a free t-shirt and entrance to after party
When and Where
- February 17 - February 18, 2012 (Friday, Saturday)
- Faculty of Informatics at Masaryk University (google maps) (openstreetmap.org)
- Botanická 68a, Brno
- Brno, Czech Republic
- Main entrance to the building
- Lecture rooms location
- Sign up with your talk!
- The conference will be split into two parts - talks and labs.
- Talks (in a lecture rooms for apx 80ppl) - 45 minutes each, topics should be highly technical, don't hesitate to get into details
- Labs (in a smaller rooms with/without computers) - 1 hour 30 minutes each, focus on practical presentaions, hands on, hack sessions etc
|presented and subject||language||Lab or Talk||description|
|JanHutar - Software robot competitions around the world and our way||CZ||Talk||Overview of various software robot competitions and announce of our own|
|Ondřej Žižka - Web apps develoeper's dream||?||Talk||AS 7 + Wicket 1.5 + JPA 2.0/Hibernate 4 + CDI/Weld 1.1.2 + JMS/$#@%|
|Radoslav Husar - Somethin on Java||?||Talk||Drools Planner/Fusion (CEP), mod_cluster, AS7, GWT/Errai, Infispan, whatev|
|František Řezníček - Towards Unified Messaging||?||Talk||AMQP protocol, Qpid project and derived MRG/M, examples)|
|Michal Fojtík&Fracesco Vollero - Cloud in the wild||EN||Talk||Examples about how to use Deltacloud API to speak with many different clouds.|
|Lukáš Vlček -Searching in JBoss.org content||?||Talk||At that time there will be a new application running under jboss.org webpage. How to use it, how we did it, roadmap.|
|Vojtěch Juránek - Continuous integration with Jenkins CI||?||Talk||either general talk how to use it with java, python, php ... project or focused on some specific topic like running Jenkins in cloud|
|Marek Poláček - prelink/ELF||?||Talk||relro/execinstr/pi[ec]/LD_*/...|
|Eduard Beneš&Miroslav Grepl - SELinux news in Fedora16||?||Talk||faster boot, file name transition, more strict SELinux|
|Jakub Hrozek - FreeIPA/SSSD||?||Talk|
|Jonathan Blandford - Spice + Gnome 3.x||EN||Talk|
|Matthias Clasen - GTK+ 3 and beyond||EN||Talk||whats new in GTK+ 3 compared to GTK+ 2, and what is brewing for GTK+ 4|
|csadilek - JBoss Errai Framework||?||Talk||offers a concise programming model to build next generation web applications. It enables powerful client-server communication and brings Java Enterprise standards to the browser by leveraging the GWT compiler.|
|Adam Tkáč - DNSSEC in Fedora 17||?||Talk|
|Lennart Poettering & Kay Sievers - Do's and Don'ts when Writing System Services||EN||Talk||starting, stopping, updates, monitoring, recovery, config, limits, logging, ...|
|Marek Cernocky - Tips & Tricks on Internationalizing Your Open Source Software||?||Talk||Software I18n & L10n issues and common problems in a typical Open Source community project.|
|Daniel Mach - Framework wars||?||Lab||I can do one or more workshops (labs) about Python, Django, etc. (rmarko willing to help)|
|Vít Ondruch - Framework wars||?||Lab||Ruby on Rails workshop|
|Michal Fojtík - Framework wars||?||Lab||Sinatra workshop|
|Dan Horák - Fedora Secondary Architectures||?||Lab||installation, development, ...|
|Eduard Beneš&Miroslav Grepl - SELinux is your friend||?||Lab||daily use SELinux + more strict SELinux|
|Stanislav Ochotnicky - Using Maven for your Java project||sk/en||Talk (maybe Lab?)||Use of Maven to easily build, test, deploy your java projects|
|Kamil Dudka&Ondřej Vašík - Common C/C++ error patterns||en/cz||Talk||Common C/C++ code defects with examples|
|Kamil Dudka&Ondřej Vašík - Static analysis||en/cz||Talk||overview of available static analysis tools, techniques and classes of bugs they are able to catch (+ some stats/info about Coverity scans...)|
|Jaroslav Kysela - ALSA - High Definition Audio (HDA) driver||?||Talk||Overview and Current Status|
|Thomas Graf - libnl, network config tools for rhel7 or kernel QoS||?||Talk|
|Stanislav Kozina - What can Linux learn from the others||?||Talk||introducing interesting features of Solaris|
|Jan Zelený - Kerberos 101||?||Talk||introduction to MIT Kerberos, its concepts, and basic configuration/usage|
|Jared Smith - Swimming Upstream||EN||Talk||How Fedora helps software development communities|
|Jared Smith - Creating technical documentation with DocBook and Publican||EN||Talk|
|Tomeu Vizoso - GNOME application development with Python and GObject Introspection||EN||Talk||Since GNOME 3.0, PyGTK+ is unsupported and applications must be ported to GObject Introspection in order to use Gtk+ 3. The talk will explain the benefits, how all the pieces fit together, what's the porting process and what are the opportunities for the future.|
Accompanying events held on the same ground:
- FRIDAY: A party that will be based in the University building. Dinner and drinks on the house!
- SATURDAY: Free Movies Session
- Hotel Avanti - closest hotel, 5-10 minutes of walking to University
- Hotel Vista (formerly known as hotel Imos) - cheaper option, apx 20minutes by public transport far from University
to Brno, Czech Republic
Brno is located within two hours by car from three European capitals (Prague, Vienna, and Bratislava), but you can fly directly to Brno as well:
- Brno (BRQ, 0.5 million passengers transported a year) - connections to London-Stansted (Ryanair), London-Luton (Wizz Air), Bergamo, Italy (Ryanair), Rome (Wizz Air), Prague (Czech Airlines/SkyTeam), Moscow-Domodedovo, St. Petersburg (CCA), Moscow-Vnukovo (Yakutia Airlines, UTair Aviation). Smart Wings provide seasonal flights to various destinations in Greece and Spain.
- Prague (PRG, 13 mil.) - 210 km from Brno, 50 airlines serve flights to over 120 destinations. Student Agency buses go from the airport to Brno every hour (2.5 hours, CZK 250/€10). Flight pricing examples (roundtrips 2 months in advance, for the summer 2011):
- New York (JFK) - (direct flight with Delta) € 826,
- London (LHR) – (via Frankfurt with Lufthansa) € 150,
- Madrid (MAD) – (via Dusseldorf with Lufthansa) € 150.
- Vienna (VIE, 18 mil.) - 150 km from Brno, about 70 airlines serve flights to many destinations all over the world. Student Agency buses go from the airport to Brno every other hour (2.5 hours, CZK 310/€ 13). Flight pricing examples (roundtrips 2 months in advance, for the summer 2011):
- New York (JFK) – (via Moscow with Aeroflot) € 843,
- London (LHR) – (direct flight with Austrian Airlines) € 126,
- Mandrid (MAD) – (direct flight with Air Berlin) € 144.
- Bratislava (BTS, 2 mil.) - 130 km from Brno, 7 airlines serve regular flights to over 30 destinations, there is a hub of Ryanair (cheap flights to many European cities). There is no direct connection between the airport and Brno. Trains (€ 7, 1.5 hour) and buses (€ 9, 2 hours) go to Brno from the city center every hour.
Brno has good train connections to several European cities and train is the fastest and most convenient means of transportation between big cities in the region. All intercity trains arrive and depart at the main stations which is a hub of public transport in the city.
- Prague – trains between Prague and Brno go hourly, 2.5 hours, € 6.5-13,
- Vienna – trains between Vienna Meidling and Brno go every other hour, 2 hours, € 9,
- Bratislava – from Bratislava Hlavna Stanica hourly, 1.5 hour, € 7,
- Budapest – from Budapest-Keleti pu several trains every day, 5 hours, € 19,
- Warsaw – from Warszawa Centralna several times every day (usually one connection), 7 hours, € 29
- Berlin – from Berlin Hauptbahnhof several trains every day, 7.5 hours, € 39.
Brno is part of the European bus network and all connections and their prices are similar to trains. Most buses arrive to Brno-Zvonarka, only Student Agency buses arrive to Grand Hotel. Student Agency (http://www.studentagency.eu/) and Eurolines (http://www.eurolines.com/) provide buses to many European cities.
Brno is well-connected to other cities by highways. You can get easily to neighboring countries by car. Travel time examples:
- Prague – 210 km, 2 hours,
- Bratislava – 130 km, 1.3 hour,
- Vienna – 143 km, 1.8 hour,
- Budapest – 326 km, 3 hours,
- Munich – 587 km, 5.3 hours,
- Berlin – 555 km, 5.2 hours.
Parking lots are available right in the university campus where the conference would take place.
From Main railway station take tram #1 (towards Řečkovice). Get off the tram on 5th stop - Hrnčířská (after apx 10minutes). Take the street on the left - Hrnčířská - up and after apx 300 meters the building on your right hand is the University.
From Main bus station (Zvonařka) take bus number 60, get off on second stop - Nové Sady (apx 2minutes). Take tram #1 towards Řečkovice. After two stops you are on the Main railway station, follow instructions above.
From Česká street (City center) take trolley 32 (towards Královo pole) for 4 stops and get off on stop Botanická right in front of the main University building.
English poster by jimmac