FESCo Open Issues
This page describes all open actions that are currently handled by the Fedora Engineering Steering Commitee (FESCo). The committee currently has 9 members (look at the FESCo page for their real names and their nicknames -- the latter are used on this page to show who owns a task).
FESCo looks at this list in their weekly meetings . All topics listed here normally have an owner because things tend to get stuck if there is no one who drives stuff forward (or is poked to work further on it).
You think FESCo needs to handle another issue? See Meeting Guidelines for information on how to propose a new topic. Or:
- Add it to the Container and hope somebody runs with it.
- Send a mail to the FESCo Chair, and hope somebody runs with it.
|Task Name||Owner||Target Date||Notes|
|Priority 1 -- Look at it in every meeting|
|Auditing all Fedora packages for proper review||c4chris, tibbs, nirik|
|Priority 1.5 -- Standing events, normally visitied each meeting|
|Packaging Committee Report||spot, abadger1999, rdieter, tibbs, scop||ongoing||A representative from the packaging committee will send a report after each committee meeting to firstname.lastname@example.org for public discussion. In order to give ample discussion time, this report should be sent no less than 24 hours before the next FESCo meeting; if the report is late, the veto period will be extended by one additional FESCo meeting. FESCo may also extend the veto period if there is still ongoing discussion.|
|Administrative requests||Meeting Chair||ongoing|
|Priority 2 -- Do it soon|
|Priority 3 -- Do it at some point|
|Compat Policy||bpepple||Jan '08||Has been dropped for now, due to response that it's not needed. Will keep it here for now, in case a need for it shows-up in the future.|
|Alternative paths of membership advancement|
|MISC long term||all||not urgent|
|Priority 3.5 -- handled mostly by other groups, but needed for Fedora|
FESCo Closed Issues
You can find all currently tracked issues, including ones we resolved already, in our report of all Trac issues. Old issues that we've closed before moving to Trac are listed on their own Closed Issues page.
Fedora Feature Dashboard
Proposed Fedora Features
Ready for Feature Wrangler
- Feature pages in Category:FeatureReadyForWrangler indicate that they are believed to be complete and ready for FESCo. The Feature Wrangler performs a sanity check of the feature page changes it to Category:FeatureReadyForFesco if everything is in order.
Ready For FESCo
- Feature pages in Category:FeatureReadyForFesco indicate that they have been reviewed by the Feature Wrangler and are ready for FESCo's review.
- FESCo tracks features to be reviewed in their ticketing system after they reach Category:FeatureReadyForFesco. If you are a feature owner you should be notified prior to the meeting so you can be present. Routine meeting information for FESCo is found on the FESCo page. However, FESCo does hold supplementary meetings from time to time. If you do not know the meeting time, you can ask on IRC Freenode, #fedora-devel, or email the FESCo list.
Accepted Fedora 14 Features
- Feature pages in Category:FeatureAcceptedF14 indicate that FESCo has accepted the feature through a vote.
- Feature list summary: Releases/14/FeatureList
Feature Pages Under Construction
- Feature pages in Category:FeaturePageIncomplete indicates that work is in progress for the feature page.
Process & Policy
- More details about how the feature process works are at Features/Policy