Should the Package repository have a mass rebuild at some point between each Fedora Release or only when toolchain that the package depends on is known to have changed in an incompatible manner?
- FESCo decided at 2007-07-09 meeting that future releases will only have mass rebuilds when it is necessary for technical reasons (change in toolchain, etc.)
- Unnecessary downloads for the users
- Rebuttal: In Fedora 8, the repository will be presto enabled which mitigates this.
- Is Presto support definite for Fedora 8?
- Rebuttal: Most users are downloading the iso images in order to upgrade. Therefore they are downloading the vast majority of packages anyway