Diatribes on Linux fonts
Every once in a while someone posts an (often entertainning) diatribe on the state of Linux fonts and text layouting. A complex mix of exaggerations, long-past facts, subjective preferences, references to other distributions, and plain mistakes, they nevertheless contain little nuggets of truth pointing to actual problems.
Because the Fonts SIG is all about fixing those problems, we encourage people to list those articles there:
- Catastrafont, 2008-06-16
- State of fonts review, 2008-03-20
- Why Linux fonts suck, 2007-04-25
- Microsoft is making my Linux fonts ugly, 2007-04-12
- Is it fonts that holds back Linux growth? 2006-10-18
- Linux Achilles' heel: fonts 2006-08-17
- weak points: subjective preferences, technical assessments; strong point: state of our font preferences tools.
- Even developers refuse to use systems with ugly fonts.