$HOME/.xinputrchas been moved to
$HOME/.imsettings.loghas been moved to
- The default engine for Simplified Chinese has been changed to ibus-libpinyin (see Features/ibus-libpinyin for more details).
- On the GNOME Desktop, im-chooser is now deprecated except in fallback mode, and with non-ibus input methods, since GNOME 3.6 supports ibus as the default input method system. Users should now use gnome-control-center to setup their input methods:
- click on the user menu at the upper right corner of the panel.
- select System Settings from the menu
- click on the Region & Language icon
- open the Input Sources tab
- click on + icon to add input sources
- choose one or more input source you want to add
- If you can't find an input source in the list you are looking for, try running the following command in a terminal and restart the desktop:
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.input-sources show-all-sources true
- There may be no shortcut key to turn on/off the input method by default. you can enable it with the following steps:
- click the shortcut settings link in the Input Sources tab on System Settings or click the Keyboard icon at the top and the Shortcuts tab, the Typing section at the left pane.
- click on the Switch to next source, press [Control] + [space].
- If no input source is configured by default for your native language, you can add it using the above steps as a workaround. Here is a table of input sources corresponding to the input method engines:
|Input source name||Input method engine|
|Chinese (Intelligent Pinyin)||ibus-libpinyin|
|* (inscript (m17n))||ibus-m17n|
|* (itrans (m17n))||ibus-m17n|
|* (phonetic (m17n))||ibus-m17n|
- ibus-libpinyin provides a new input frontend for Simplified Chinese providing an intelligent pinyin input method that speeds up the user input of Chinese characters. It can replace ibus-pinyin which is also still available in Fedora.
- ibus-typing-booster is a predictive input method for the ibus platform. It predicts complete words based on partial input. One can then simply select the desired word from a list of suggestions and improve one's typing speed and spelling. ibus-typing-booster currently supports the following Asian and European languages:
- Assamese, Bengali, Farsi, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Maithili, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu
- English, Danish, French
- If you want to use non-ibus input method such as fcitx and uim etc, remove ibus package from the system first and restart the desktop. im-chooser will gets back to work on even GNOME.
- fonts-tweak-tool now supports the language ordering to decide what language has precedence to display the text, and the font properties to change the sub-pixel rendering and hinting configuration per fonts.
- The Paktype fonts have been updated with enhancements for better coverage.
- New fonts lohit-tamil-classical-fonts for Tamil and kalapi-fonts for Gujarati have been added.
- madan-fonts for Nepali, navilu-fonts and gubbi-fonts for Kannada now support the minimum required characters as per fontconfig file for their respective languages.
$HOME/.fonts.confis deprecated. Users are encouraged to move it to
$HOME/.fonts.conf.dis deprecated. Users are encouraged to move it to
- All the disabled fontconfig config files in
/etc/fonts/conf.availhave been moved to
/usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail. If you have any local symbolic-links from the old location, please update them.