Documentation I18n Beat
- ibus-bogo is a Vietnamese engine for IBus and is newly on board.
- ibus-kkc (Kana-Kanji Conversion) is a new Japanese input method engine using the new libkkc backend, which replaces ibus-anthy.
- default keybinding to turn Input Method on/off has been changed to [Super]+[space].
- IME switcher dialog is implemented on GNOME Desktop.
- "Use system keyboard" option on ibus-setup is available for non GNOME desktops.
- "Embed preedit text in application window" option on ibus-setup is available for non GNOME desktop.
- ibus-libpinyin (intelligent pinyin engine using libpinyin) now supports configuring enabled dictionaries and importing 3rd party dictionaries in setup dialog.
- ibus-typing-booster now makes better use of hunspell when making suggestions and supports Tab completions.
- imsettings now checks the
org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.keyboard.activegsettings key to determine if imsettings should manage input methods on GNOME and Cinnamon Desktops. If you do not want to use IBus integration for them, set the key to
- fonts-tweak-tool now has support for embedded bitmaps, font substitution configuration, and OpenType Feature Tags.
- Lohit fonts has following improvement
- Dropped reserved font name from OLF license.
- lohit-devanagari-fonts has corrected "श्री" syllable with mr_IN locale.
- lohit-gujarati-fonts has fixed shape of character "Dha" U+0AA7.
- lohit-kannada-fonts has fix for vowel signs syllables and NGA and NYA glyphs attachment with vowel signs.
- lohit-malayalam-fonts now supports Dot Reph (u0D4E), works well with harfbuzz-ng.
- lohit-tamil-fonts has modified zero to five numerals, Rupee sign (u0BF9) and correct rendering of Tamil Letter RA,RI,RII as per GoTN standards.
- lohit-telugu-fonts now connect NYU ఞ + ు and NYUU ఞ + ూ combination properly.
- New font family Shofar with culmus-fonts.
- A translation tool called tw has been added.