Documentation Virtualization Beat
The QEMU open source machine emulator has been updated to version 1.0. Notable features include:
- QEMU now supports live migration of running guests.
- KVM users are now able to run standard performance profiling tools within KVM guests.
- QEMU and libvirt now support image streaming. Image streaming lets an administrator start new virtual machines quickly based on existing images; virtual machines are then provisioned completely in the background as they run.
The full list of changes included in this release is available upstream at http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/1.0.
The libvirt toolkit for interacting with the virtualization capabilities of various hosts has been updated to version 0.9.10. The full list of changes included in this release is available upstream at http://libvirt.org/news.html.
Virtual Machine Manager (virt-manager)
Virtual Machine Manager has been updated to version 0.9.1. As well as numerous bug fixes this release adds:
- Support for adding USB redirection devices.
- An option to change the USB controller to support USB 2.0.
- An option to specify the machine type for non-x86 guests.
The full list of changes included in this release is available upstream at http://virt-manager.org/download.html.