The following elections will take place in May/June 2012:
- Fedora Project Board (three seats)
- FESCo (Engineering) (five seats)
- FAmSCo (Ambassadors) (seven seats)
- Fedora 18 Name (separate schedule from the committee elections)
All dates and times noted are UTC time.
Committee Elections Schedule
- April 27: Announce election schedule and open questionnaire form.
- April 27-May 8: Questionnaire form open for the community to submit questions for the candidates.
- May 2-8: FPL announces 1st appointment to the Fedora Project Board.
- May 9-15: Nomination Period (closes promptly at 23:59:59 UTC on the 15th)
- May 16-22: Schedule Townhalls for May 25-31.
- May 22: Questionnaire responses due back.
- May 23-24: Questionnaire responses posted to the wiki prior to the first townhall.
- May 25-31: Townhalls (Two for the Fedora Project Board and two for FESCo).
- June 1-7: Voting Period (closes promptly at 23:59:59 UTC on the 7th).
- June 8: Announce Results.
- June 9-16: FPL announces 2nd appointment to the Fedora Project Board.
Nominations for Elected Positions
You may self-nominate. If you wish to nominate someone else, please consult with that person ahead of time. Wiki nomination pages carry additional details about the nominee which the nominee is expected to write.
We are collecting a list of questions, which will be given to each candidate to answer before the IRC townhall meetings. Please see the F18 elections questionnaire and add your own. Note: not all questions will be posed to the candidates. Questions may be edited. Candidates may choose to answer (or not) as they see fit.
IRC Town Halls
Each group participating in the election will attempt host two Town Hall forums on IRC. Each will last one hour, or less if there are no further questions.
How to Join
- Everyone should join #fedora-townhall on FreeNode (irc.freenode.net). Only candidates and a moderator may speak in this channel.
- Non-candidates should also join #fedora-townhall-public on FreeNode (irc.freenode.net). Direct your questions for the candidates to the moderator.
Fedora Project Board
Fedora Town Hall at ____ UTC (_____am/pm US-Eastern) with the ______ candidates. Visit https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections#IRC_Town_Halls for information on how to participate and pose questions to the candidates.
Beefy Miracle Election Coordinator: inode0
The Fedora Elections Guide has information on the voting method used in the Fedora elections and detailed instructions on how to cast your vote.
If you are familiar with the voting process, you may go straight to the voting site to cast your votes.