Events FAD 2010 Action Items
Things that we want at every FUDCon
- FUDcon's need different regional foci
- Based on dgilmore going to Brazil, 95-99% of the people were users, very different from a NA FUDCon. Developers disappeared and did not appear for the rest of the conference
- Encourage presentation of new/controversial/unprecedented ideas
- Reasonable walking distance and transit options
- Broad representation of areas within Fedora
- A place for parts of the Fedora community that do not ordinarily interact to do so
- Get developers talking to users - presenting information and education
- A suffciently wide variety of people from around the region in order for people that do normally see each other to do so.
- Some sponsorship available for attendees
- At least one person should be sponsored, so that someone that is not otherwise able to get there should be able to get there
- Social event for attendees - a way for people to interact that is not around a keyboard
- Good, reliable Internet connectivity at site, as a variable value depending on region.
- How do we gauge this?
- Minimum from facility is 10Mbps (this would be in NA)
- At other conferences,
- Options for diniing around the site, taking into account various dietary restrictions and variety.
- Variety of room capacities and configurations
- One of the rooms must a large auditorium that will seat everybody registered.
- Sufficient A/V support at negligible cost