Given the main theme adopted for the 13th Release of Fedora Linux, Goddard and the large number of slogan contributions, we would like to point the following:
- The importance of the “slogan” as a marketing communication tool that should trigger feelings and emotions; show the product claims and philosophy;
- The slogan should not be longer than 3 words;
- The slogan should sound like an acting sentence;
- The slogan should promote interaction between people and Fedora Linux;
- The slogan should be linked to the main theme of the release.
Under this points the release slogan for Fedora 13 “Goddard” has been chosen and approved.
According to Robyn Bergeron, the submitter of "Rock it!", the slogans translates the Fedora user experience in Goddard as:
" quotation, should translate why "ROCK IT!" from a user experience point of view ", Robyn Bergoren (2010)
The Fedora 13 "Goddard" was named after the scientist Robert H. Goddard (1882/1945), that made significant contributions to the space age in the field of Rocket Engineering, including the first liquid propelled rocket.
"It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.", Robert Goddard
Fedora 13 Goddard – ROCK IT!