Fedora Language Testing Group [FLTG] is a SIG group of Fedora contributors taking care of language testing in Fedora.
Our mission is to test and review language support in Fedora and act as a bridge between translation team, i18n team and users to aid in testing languages in Fedora.
What do we do
- Test the new fedora releases for our respective languages using different test cases we have prepared.
- File the bugs and provide reference for other translators/testers.
- Add new test cases based on new bugs filed and new packages.
- Prepare the ISO for testing in consultation with the release-engineering team.
- Coordinate and conduct both i18n (with the help of Fedora i18n team) and 110n test days.
- Based on the ISO selected for testing, review the test cases.
- Keep informed the l10n team about new issues, helping them to improve the testing.
- Submit the report on test days and collect feedback from testers.
- To improve the quality of Fedora in our native languages.
- To develop more test cases for easy and planned testing.
- To help the translators/testers find the common bugs.
- To have a collective testing platform where all translators can be together and test to improve their product with less bugs and errors.
- A point of contact for all testers to get more information on testing events, test cases and common bugs.
- fltg list - Discussions about Language Testing activities, bugs filed, test cases, feedback on testing
- Mail discussions are available at FLTG Archives
Meetings are held weekly on Tuesdays, 0930 UTC.
Fedora Language Test Days
- installation Test Day
Previous Test Days
Fedora 17 **
- L10n Desktop Test Day (2012-03-07) Completed
- i18n Test Day (2012-03-14) Completed
** Note: FLTG started testing from Fedora 17 release.
- L10n Desktop Test Day (2011-08-30) Completed
- i18n Test Day (2011-09-01) Completed
- i18n Test Day (2011-03-03) Completed
- L10n Test Day (2011-03-08) Completed
Language Bug Triage
List need to create in Bugzilla 'TODO'
New i18n Features to be included for testing
- A S Alam (asa)
- Jaswinder Singh (jassy)
- Ani Peter (apeter)
- Sweta Kothari (swkothar)
- Kévin Raymond (shaiton)
- Nilamdyuti Goswami (ngoswami)
- Manoj Kumar Giri (mgiri)
- Pravin Satpute (pravins)