Fedora Events: FOSDEM 2009 in Brussels, Belgium
What to do if you are attending
First, sign up here.
|FredericHornain||Fedora||Event Owner||EN, FR|
|JoergSimon||Fedora||FedoraLogistic, Booth||EN, DE|
|ChitleshGoorah||Fedora||Speaker and Booth personnel||EN, FR|
|GeroldKassube||Fedora||Booth personnel||EN, DE|
|FabianAffolter||Fedora||Booth personnel||EN, DE, FR|
|PierrosPapadeas||Fedora||Booth personnel & Logistics||EN, EL|
|KostasAntonakoglou||Fedora||Booth personnel||EN, EL|
|ChristosBacharakis||Fedora||Booth personnel||EN, EL|
|ChristophWickert||Fedora||Speaker and Booth personnel||EN, DE|
|FrancescoCrippa||Fedora||Speaker and Booth personnel||EN, IT|
|Robert Lazzurs||Cobbler/Koan||Speaker and Booth personnel||EN|
|ThomasCanniot||Fedora||Booth personnel||EN, FR|
|Robert Scheck||Fedora||Booth personnel||EN, DE|
|MarekMahut||Fedora||Booth assistance||EN, FR, CZ, SK, PL|
|XavierLamien||Fedora||Booth personnel||EN, FR|
|PierreYvesChibon||Fedora||Booth personnel||EN, FR|
|PabloMartin-Gomez||Fedora||Booth personnel||EN, FR, ES|
|MaximeCarron||Fedora||Booth personnel||EN, FR|
|LucaFoppiano||Fedora||Booth personnel||EN, IT|
|LorenzoVillani||Fedora||Booth personnel||EN, IT|
|Tomeu Vizoso||Sugar||Speaker||ES, EN, PT, CZ|
Next, add your information to the Accommodation page.
Finally, see the list (below) of things we need and volunteer for the booth or for a speaking slot.
Booth and Dev Room organization
Things we need:
- Fedora 10 CDs (Max)
- Fedora 10 i686 DVDs - not know number yet (Marek)
- Fedora tshirts (Max)
- Fedora posters (Joerg)
- Blue table cloth (???)
- OLPC (Pierros will bring one XOC2 with F10 borrowed from Glezos, Joerg will bring one XOB4)
- Other swag -- buttons, etc. (???)
- Fedora Logo stickers (~1500 Pierros)
- Few fedora stickers (Marek)
- Pamphlets or flyers (???)
- Power Cords (Kostas will bring 3 5-socket power strips)
- Some patch and crossover ethernet cables (Pierros)
- A 5-port switch just in case for network sharing (Pierros)
- Notebooks with F10 for Demo (Kostas, Pierros)
- if needed Laptop + Beamer from Fedora EMEA e.V. (Joerg)
Speakers in the Dev Room
- ChitleshGoorah - Fedora Electronic Lab
- MaxSpevack - 5 Fedora projects that you might not know about.
- FrancescoCrippa - TBD
- Robert Lazzurs - JasperCapel - Cobbler/Koan
- Simo Sorce - FreeIPA
- Raphael Pinson - Augeas
- ChristophWickert - RPM packaging
- ThomasCanniot - Next Fedora-fr challenges
- Luca Foppiano - Func, Symbolic: Present and future
- Tomeu Vizoso - Sugar: what is and why Fedora might care
Talks wanted: joining the Fedora Project, Fedora 11 preview, OLPC presentation, etc. Please sign up!
In addition to signing up here, you must email MaxSpevack the following information by Wednesday January 7:
- Name, email, short bio, and (optional) 128x128 .png photo
- Title of your talk and brief description.
Location & Schedule
Friday, 6 February
There will be a FOSDEM beer event on Friday night before FOSDEM (6 February 2009).
Saturday, 7 February and Sunday, 8 February
Attendance and Parking is free
ULB Campus Solbosh
Avenue Franklin D. Roosevelt, 50
The event is easily reachable by public transportation. For details, see below. If you are afraid of getting lost, the following links might help you:
Mailinglist: fosdem at lists.fosdem.org. We will inform you when news about FOSDEM is available.
- Official Site: http://fosdem.org
- RSS feed: http://fosdem.org/rss.xml
- Planet Aggregator: http://planet.fosdem.org
For Spouses or partners
Spouses/partners: enjoy a guided tour of Brussels while your favourite geek attends FOSDEM !
This year, FOSDEM hires professional guides to offer a guided tours of Brussels for the spouses or partners.If he or she would like to accompany you, and is not interested in the FOSDEM conference, this will make the stay worthwhile. Brussels is a city with a rich historical past, and a cosmopolitan present.
The tours will take place both afternoons of the conference. The first one will give an introduction of the heart of brussels, and the other one will cover different views of the city, and make sure you're back well on time.
The guides are from the organization Brukselbinnenstebuiten.