FPL succession tasks
When the FPL role makes a transition from one incumbent to another, there are a number of tasks and/or handoffs to be completed, both by the incoming and outgoing FPL.
Departing FPL Tasks
The departing FPL should complete a number of tasks:
- Have the new FPL added to the chair alias in SMTP, via puppet. This alias is sourced for fpl and other aliases. Contact the Infrastructure team for help if needed.
- Make the new FPL's account the admin of
- Add the new FPL to the following lists as member and administrator, and give the new FPL any password:
- Any other lists the departing FPL administers
- Add new FPL to Board Trac with TRAC_ADMIN permission
- Add new FPL to the IRC operators group
- Give new FPL to zodbot permissions to make announcements, etc.
- Add new FPL to the fedora-board group in FAS, as administrator
- Add new FPL to the accounts group in FAS
- Add new FPL to the mailing list
- Add new FPL to the FAmSCo Trac, to help with tickets
- add more here...
Incoming FPL Tasks
- Update (or create) their User page on the Fedora Project wiki, particularly since Media folks will be looking to it for biographical information.
- Update the FPL page with new FPL name.
- Update the Board page with info.
- Schedule one or two town hall style QA sessions in IRC
- ...add more here...
TBD Succession Tasks
This list is being created as we do a transition to ensure that we are catching things. This is Robyn's list of "not sure but putting it here" items.
- famsco lists/trac?