Cusco, Perú :: September 26 - 27 - 28 - 29, 2013 -- General event owner: Alex Irmel Oviedo Solis
The 2013 LATAM FUDCon will be held in Cusco, Perú, September 26 - 27 - 28 - 29, 2013.
FUDCon is the Fedora Users and Developers Conference, a major free software event held in various regions around the world, usually annually per region. FUDCon is a combination of sessions, talks, workshops, and hackfests in which contributors work on specific initiatives. Topics include infrastructure, feature development, community building, general management and governance, marketing, testing and QA, packaging, etc.
FUDCon is always free to attend for anyone in the world.
- Oficial web site: http://fudconlatam.org/
- Facebook: facebook Event
- Google+: google Plus Event
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any bugs relating Our official site should be sent to email@example.com
- City: Cusco, Perú 
- San Antonio Abad State University - Venue
- Google maps UNSAAC Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del Cusco
- Official web site: UNSAAC 
- Audience of 500 people for the first day in the morning and last day in the evening (opening and closing) and 3 rooms of 60 people.
September 26 - 27 - 28 - 29, 2013
- 26,27 BarCammp: Thursday, Friday
- 28 HackFest: Friday, Saturday
- 29 FUDPub: Sunday
- Day: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Time: 23:30 UTC Check your country
- Channel: #Fudcon-Planning
- server: irc.freenode.org
- Red Hat: http://www.redhat.com/ - Our main sponsor
- Bluehost: http://www.bluehost.com - Bluehost has set aside $1000 USD to help sponsor this FUDCon. Contact jsmith for more details.
- Ruckus Wireless Peru http://www.ruckuswireless.com/ - Will provide Internet connection at the location during FUDCon.
- Booklets: allow attendees to have an agenda, directory, map and relevant information about the event.
- Banners: intended to decorate the place that served as headquarters of FUDCon.
- Hotel -
- Posters: disseminated and promoted the event in public places to attract attendees.
- Name tags: identify participants in the event. They will be pre-printed.
- Please add your name to the list if you will attend. Also, please indicate the following:
- Put an X in the $$$ column if you need funding to attend, and visit the FUDCon ticket tracker to make a funding request. We have a limited budget and will work hard to fund as many people as possible. We'll use these answers to help figure out budgeting for the event. We are making arrangements for attendees from other geographic regions to encourage specific initiatives such as future FUDCon events, but preference may otherwise be given to people in North America.
- Put a V in the Veg column if you would like vegetarian fare for any meals that we provide during the event. If you prefer vegan fare, please mark that column VV. We will do our best to make sure everyone is accommodated! Note: "Hell No" and similar statements are offensive to some and should not be included in this column.
- Put your T-shirt size in the Size column, so we can have an idea about what sizes to have available. Only Unisex (Mens Sizes will be ordered)
- If you want or need to share a room, mark yes in the "Roomshare?" column.
- Once you have a roommate, both of you should mark your roommate's name in the block as well.
- If you need a roommate, look for someone with just a yes in the column, and contact them via email. If you encounter any problems, let the organizers know.
- Use the Comments section for anything else you think organizers need to know, or to offer or ask for space or rides.
|#||Name||$$$||Veg||Size||Share room?||Comments||Hotel booked||extra line for badge||Country||TEAM|
|1||Alex Irmel Oviedo Solis||No||NO||Large||No||Alexove||Peru|
|2||Alejandro Pérez||Yes||NO||Large||Yes||No||Aeperezt||Panama||Ambassadors, Famsco, Packagers, Ruby Sig, Translators|
|3||Luis Bazan||Yes||NO||Large||Yes||No||lbazan||Panama||Ambassadors, Packagers, Infra, Translators, Docs|
|4||Abdel Martínez||Yes||NO||Small||Yes||No||potty||Panama||Ambassadors, Packagers, Python SIG, Docs|
|5||Itamar Reis Peixoto||Yes||NO||Medium||Yes||No||itamarjp||Brazil||Ambassadors, Packagers,|
|6||Daniel Bruno||Yes||NO||Medium||Yes||No||dbruno||Brazil||Ambassadors, Packagers, Big Data Sig|
|7||Leonardo Vaz||No||Yes||Extra Large||Yes||Yes||No||Brazil||Ambassadors|
|8||Wolnei Junior||Yes||No||Large||Yes||No||No||Brazil||Ambassadors, KDE Sig, Testing|
|10||Eduardo Echeverría||Yes||No||Extra Large||Yes||No||echevemaster||Venezuela||Ambassadors, Packagers (Sponsor), Translators, Xfce Sig|
|11||Jose Carlos Garcia||Yes||NO||Extra Large||Yes||No||ChepeCarlos||El Salvador|
|12||Karla Hernandez||Yes||NO||medium||Yes||No||keikkun4||El Salvador|
|13||Carlos Marcano||Yes||No||Extra Large||Yes||No||pelobravo||Venezuela||Ambassadors, Translators.|
|14||Jared Smith||No||No||Large/Grande||No||No||jsmith||USA||Docs, ARM, Ambassadors|
|16||Juan Barba||Yes||NO||Medium||Yes||No||HakS||Panama||Design Team, Packagers|
|17||Henry Anchante Castro||No||NO||M||Yes||No||Perú|
|18||Johel Heraclio Batista Cárdenas||Yes||NO||Medium||Yes||No||Wocker||Panama||Ambassadors, Translators|
|19||Neville A. Cross||Yes||NO||Large||Yes||No||Yn1v||Nicaragua||Ambassadors|
|20||Valentin Basel||Yes||NO||Medium||Yes||No||valentinbasel||argentina||Ambassadors, educational Robotics, fedora developer|
|22||Dennis Gilmore||No||No||Extra Large||No||dgilmore||Australia/USA||Release Engineering|
|23||Eduardo Mayorga||Yes||No||Small||Yes||No||mayorgalinux||Nicaragua||Ambassadors, Freemedia, L10n, Marketing|
|#||Name||$$$||Veg||Size||Share room?||Comments||Hotel booked||extra line for badge||Country||TEAM|
Meetings - Logs
Lodging / Hotel
Travel and transportation
If you are trying to coordinate travel with other attendees, you may want to visit the travel planning page.
Getting to Cusco
Estimated costs of flights major airports that attendees will travel from.
|3||Bolivia||Peace Alto||TACA||La Paz||Cusco||370|
|6||Brazil||Maceio International Airport||TACA||Brazil||Cusco||336|
|7||Brazil||Natal International Airport||TACA||Brazil||Cusco||336|
|8||Brazil||Florianopolis International Airport||TACA||Brazil||Cusco||336|
|9||Brazil||Salvador International Airport||TACA||Brazil||Cusco||336|
|10||Brazil||Porto Alegre International Airport||TACA||Brazil||Cusco||336|
|11||Brazil||Recife International Airport||TACA||Brazil||Cusco||336|
|12||Brazil||Curitiba International Airport||TACA||Brazil||Cusco||336|
|13||Brasil||Sao Paulo International Airport||LAN||Brazil||Cusco||550|
|14||Venezuela||Caracas Simon Bolivar Airport Maiquetía||TACA||Caracas||Cusco||569|
|16||USA||Orlando, Los Angeles, New York||United Airlines/TACA||USA||Cusco||791/800|
Directions from Airport to Hotel
Map To Event, FUDPub Hotel
At the hotel
The hotel has a significant amount of parking and has told us they don't believe there will be a problem accommodating some out of town drivers there.
There will be wireless ethernet available at the hotel and event location, thanks to Ruckus Wireless.
- Appropriately warm clothing
- Laptop with 802.11g wireless
- Extension cord
- Ethernet cable (for hotel and/or hackfest)
- Optional: Bring a Fedora Friend Finder (power strip)
- Credit card (VISA or MasterCard) or small amount of cash
- Your presentation slides or anything needed for the hackfest
- Passport/visa and any other official documentation needed
- Converters for power (reference link)
Currency / Money / Prices
We are happy to provide as much help as we can so you can enjoy your stay in our Country.
FUDCon is a community event in which the complete schedule is developed interactively starting with an opening orientation session. Attendance at orientation is recommended for those who are new to this format, or to FUDCon, Fedora, or free and open source software community events in general.
- Thursday, September 26
- Starting at 9:00am - 5:00pm, Hackfests / Workshops. FPL State of Fedora.
- Friday, September 27
- 9:00am - 5:00pm.
- Morning: Barcamp pitches. Later in the morning, for duration of day: Barcamp sessions. Hackfests/Workshops.
- Saturday, September 28
- 9:00am - 5:00pm, Barcamp Hackfests/Workshops.
- Sunday, August 26
- 9:00am - 5:00pm, Beach FUDpub. Bring your swimsuit!
BarCamp sessions Proposals
Please fill in the following grid with proposed BarCamp sessions: (If listed here will be Printed and at the Site ready for your Pitch)
|Eduardo Echeverria||Hardening Apache||Apache is not just install and use. This talk will explain how to harden the security of your Apache installation, identifying known bugs, implementing security features, and improve your environment|| Video Beam,
Workshops are a classroom style session session (with varying levels of interaction) teaching about software or processes
Hackfests are collaborative sessions to work on a problem, issue or area of Fedora.
|Hackfests||Daniel Bruno||Hadoop and Big Data||Hadoop is an Open Source framework to process large data sets in a distributed computing environment (and more). The goal of this hackfest proposal is implement a singlenode hadoop and process some data with an implementation of Map Reduce in Python, and spread the SIG of Big Data.||Room with internet connection, and if is possible wired network.|
|Hackfests||Eduardo Echeverria||Openstack in Fedora||the Openstack technology consists of a series of interrelated projects that control large pools of processing, storage, and networking resources throughout a datacenter, all managed through a dashboard that gives administrators control while empowering its users to provision resources through a web interface. The goal of this hackfest proposal is implement instance of Openstack with their dashboard, and explain how to work the differents openstack projects as a whole||Video Beam, Room with internet connection, and if is possible wired network.|
|Workshop||Eduardo Echeverria||RPM Packaging||the upstream is very active, in Fedora we are downstream, We collaborate with the developers packaging their creations and, we are always a step forward with respect to the innovation. It's very cool be packager. the goal of this workshop is catch (and captivate) new packagers for our project||Video Beam, Room with internet connection, and if is possible wired network.|
|Hackfests||Yohan Graterol||Hacking with MongoDB||MongoDB is an open source document-oriented database system developed and supported by 10gen. It is part of the NoSQL family of database systems. Instead of storing data in tables as is done in a "classical" relational database. The goal of the "hackfest" proposal is to show CRUD and Queries Advanced in MongoDB||Video Beam.|
|Hackfests||Yohan Graterol||Replication (MongoDB)||MongoDB is an open source document-oriented database system developed and supported by 10gen. It is part of the NoSQL family of database systems. Instead of storing data in tables as is done in a "classical" relational database. The goal of the "hackfest" proposal is to show how to replicate a MongoDB databases||Video Beam.|
|Hackfests||Yohan Graterol||Pymongo and MongoEngine||Pymongo is MongoDB's python driver, and MongoEngine is a Document-Object Mapper (think ORM, but for document databases) for working with MongoDB from Python. The goal of the "hackfest" proposal is to show how to use Pymongo and Mongoengine with Python 2.7||Video Beam.|
|Eduardo Echeverría||RPMDev LATAM Overview||The FedoraProject needs more latam developers and contributors, one of the barriers for this is the native language, RPMDEV is a group that latinoamerican contributors that can help in the process.||Video-Beam|
|*||fedmsg - Fedora Infrastructure's realtime messaging system||I'll give an overview of fedmsg, what it is, how it works.||Video-Beam|
|*||Virtualization on ARM||As ARM CPUs grow in performance and ubiquity across phones, netbooks, and embedded computers, providing virtualization support for ARM-based devices is increasingly important. The KVM for ARM project is focused on creating a open-source KVM-based virtualization solution for ARM-based devices that can run virtual machines efficiently, the kernel 3.9 comes with the support||ARM Device Rasperry Pi.|
|Yohan Graterol||NoSQL. Case: MongoDB||What's NoSQL, NoSQL's types, MongoDB.||Video Beam.|
Nota: (*) Temas sugeridos. (This topics are suggestions of echevemaster, you can take one or suggest a new one) If you want to propose a talk just send us an email, here are the current proposals sessions FUDcon Latam
Lista de Gadgets que se proponen llevar:
- Docking Plugable compatible con multi seat in Fedora 17. Link No es lo mismo hablar de multi seat que verlo funcionar en caliente. Neville
- Programador PicKit2 para programar los IC de icaro
T-shirts made by