FUDCon:FUDCon Toronto 2009 logistics
This page is for recording logistics like temporary lodging info, things to bring, and so forth. Return to FUDCon Toronto 2009
|TravelPackUSA||$525/day for 15ppl||
|R.C. Herrmann||(need quote)||
|Cavalier Coach||(quote requested)||
|Yankee Line||(quote requested)||
|Nevarez||$4875 + driver hotel + gratuity||
|Local Motion of Boston||~$2700||
- Bus leaves on Friday morning, December 4
- Potential route:
- Pickup in Boston, @ Alewife station ~9:00am
- Pickup in Westford, @ Red Hat ~10:00am
- Onward to Toronto, arrive ~10:30pm?
- Bus may not be available throughout weekend depending on incremental cost.
- Bus returns on Tuesday morning, December 8
- From Chris Tyler: it's worth asking for a bus with AC power at the seats -- makes laptop users happier.
- Chris, where did you book your bus? Finding AC power on tour buses is proving very difficult.
- From Paul Frields: If we pack at least 12-15 people on the bus, we do better than breaking even.
People riding the bus
|Máirín Duffy||Westford or Boston would work for me|
|Jesse Keating||Westford or Boston|
|Tom "spot" Callaway||Westford or Boston|
|Pam Callaway (with unfinished baby spot)||Westford or Boston|
|Christopher Aillon||Boston||tentative, SJC->BOS ~$250, SJC->YYZ ~$450|
|Mel Chua||Westford or Boston||tentative, will be either busing/flying from Washington DC and need to compare costs|
|Jon Masters||Boston or Westford||tentative|
|Martin Duffy (if not RH-ers allowed)||Boston or Westford||tentative|
|Peter Jones||Boston or Westford|
|Jon Stanley||Boston or Westford (depending)||Need crash space Thurs night (coming from NYC via bus)|
|Luke Macken||Boston or Westford|
|Dave Malcolm||Boston or Westford|
|Clint Savage||Boston||Flying in from Salt Lake, so I need specifics|
|Ian Weller?||Boston||Would happily ride bus to save money on plane ticket from ICT, if I'm going|
|Jon McCann||Boston or Westford||tentative|
|Remy DeCausemaker||Boston or Westford|
Seneca@York - 70 The Pond Rd, Toronto, Ontario
Saturday/Sunday - SEQ building
- 160-seat stepped theater
- 128-seat stepped theater
- Two large glassed-in rooms (roughly 60-seat capacity depending on layout)
- Four additional classrooms with flexible layout, 35+ seats each
Each room has at least:
- video projector with 15-pin sub-D (VGA) input
- dual-boot podium PC
Stepped classrooms also have document cameras.
Monday - TEL Building
- VR room - flexible config, 30-60 people (Barco floor-to-ceiling HD video projector)
- 12-seat conference room (no projector, can get a portable one)
- 8-seat conference room (projector with VGA input)
- 6-seat meeting room (no projector)
- Upper-K, 60+ seat glassed-in room (projector with VGA input, dual-boot podium computer)
- Large classroom with round tables and chairs (projector with VGA input)
Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) Toronto/Vaughan - $105/night double occupancy, free King suite for hospitality (e.g., Hack Room)
- Located at Hwy 7 & Interchange Way - 10 minutes by car or Viva rapid transit.
- Internet access: wired and wireless, password-free.
- 3 years old.
- Food options nearby, restaurant in hotel, room service available.
- Free parking (including the bus).
- Pool, fitness room.
- Seneca@York buildings are 8-10 minutes from hotel by Viva (2 stops). Rates are $3.25 cash or $26/10 tickets.
- Parking at York is abundant but expensive ($14/day). Parking at hotel is free, so attendees should consider the Viva option.
Here's a map of all the nearby facilities.