FUDCon:Toronto 2009 Transportation
If you are flying into Toronto Pearson Intl then you have 2 options to get to the hotel.
- Take a bus - cheap but takes time, up to 2.5 hours
- Take a taxi - quick but costs 35.00CAD
To help facilitate sharing a taxi if you are flying in please update the table below with the requested information. You can then see who else is arriving around the same time and plan a rideshare.
Click on the arrow icon to sort (useful to sort by time).
|Name||Arrival date||Airline & Flight #||Arrival time||Terminal||Contact info - email or cell nbr|
|Peter Robinson||04 December||United UA8565||12:firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Luya Tshimbalanga||04 December||West Jet WS 0586||14:email@example.com|
|Steven M. Parrish||04 December||American 4261||14:firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dennis Gilmore||04 December||American 4261||14:email@example.com|
|Greg DeKoenigsberg||04 December||American 4608||14:firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sebastian Dziallas||04 December||KLM KL 0691||15:email@example.com|
|Howard Johnson||04 December||KLM KL 0691||15:firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bert Desmet||04 December||air france AF356||16:email@example.com|
|Matt Domsch||04 December||Continental CO 2187||17:firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bill Nottingham||04 December||Air Canada 7979||20:email@example.com|
|Seth Vidal||04 December||Continental 3396||17:firstname.lastname@example.org|
The FUDCon campus location is well-served by public transit -- over 1700 vehicles a day stop at the adjacent transit loop. For more information:
- Toronto - TTC website - MyTTC trip planner
- Fares: cash fare $2.75 / 5 tokens for $11.25 / 10 tokens for $22.50
- York Region, North of Toronto - including the Hilton Garden Inn hotel - YRT/VIVA
- Fares: cash fare $3.25 / 10 tickets for $26.00 / Note: Validate tickets (at the stop) before boarding a VIVA vehicle
- Southern Ontario - GO Transit
Specific Transit Instructions
Transit instructions - hotel to/from campus (refer to map)
- From hotel to campus: Board VIVA ORANGE - DOWNSVIEW STATION at the VIVA Station across the road on the west side of the hotel.
- From campus to hotel: Board VIVA ORANGE - MARTIN GROVE at the VIVA Station on the east side of Ian MacDonald Blvd near Seneca@York.
- VIVA works on a proof-of-payment system - before boarding, obtain a one-ride ticket from the VIVA Station ticket machine, or validate one of the tickets from a 10-ticket pack.
- Single tickets are available at any VIVA Station (payment by cash, or by credit card at the hotel VIVA Station, or by Interac debit card at the campus VIVA Station).
- 10-pack of tickets are available at the VIVA Station on campus (payment by cash or Interac debit card). They are also available from the bookstore at Seneca@York, adjacent to the cafeteria in the SEQ building.
To/from Toronto Pearson International airport
Note: It will take 1.5-2 hours to travel to or from Pearson by bus; consider sharing a taxi to save a significant amount of time.
- To hotel from airport: take the 58A Malton bus from Terminal 3 Arrivals Level or Terminal 1 Ground Level; travel to Jane St. Board the 35C Jane northbound; travel to Highway 7. Walk 500 m west to the Hilton Garden Inn.
- To airport from campus: take the 35E Jane St. bus from the campus transit loop; travel to Lawrence Ave. Board the 58A Malton bus westbound to the Airport.
To/from Toronto City Centre Airport (Porter Airlines)
- To campus or hotel from airport: Take the Porter shuttle bus to Royal York Hotel/Union Station. Board the subway, University line; travel to Downsview station. Board the 196 York University Rocket to the University, or board the VIVA ORANGE to the University or the Hilton Garden Inn (Hwy 7 & Interchange).
- To airport from hotel or campus: Board the VIVA ORANGE - DOWNSVIEW STATION at the VIVA Station across the road on the west side of the hotel, or board the 196 York University Rocket at the campus transit loop. Travel to Downsview Subway Station. Take the subway southbound to Union Station. Exit to Front Street and catch the Porter Airlines shuttle at the north-east corner of Front St and York St.
To/from Toronto Coach Terminal (Megabus or Greyhound)
- To campus or hotel from terminal: Walk to the Dundas subway station (via tunnel or on the surface). Take the southbound subway to Downsview station. Board the 196 York University Rocket to the University, or board the VIVA ORANGE to the University or the Hilton Garden Inn (Hwy 7 & Interchange).
- To terminal from hotel or campus: Board the VIVA ORANGE - DOWNSVIEW STATION at the VIVA Station across the road on the west side of the hotel, or board the 196 York University Rocket at the campus transit loop. Travel to Downsview Subway Station. Take the subway southbound to Dundas station. Walk to the terminal via the underground tunnel or on the surface.