- 1 Flying Out / Share a ride
- 2 Public Transportation
- 3 Specific Transit Instructions
If you are flying out of Toronto Pearson Intl then you have 2 options to get from the hotel to the airport.
- Take a bus - cheap but takes time, up to 2.5 hours
- Take a taxi - quick but costs 35.00CAD* (* Aerofleet was 42.00CAD to the hotel.)
To help facilitate sharing a taxi if you are flying out please update the table below with the requested information. You can then see who else is departing around the same time and plan a rideshare.
Click on the arrow icon to sort (useful to sort by time).
|Name||Departure date||Airline & Flight #||Departure time||Terminal||Contact info - email or cell nbr||comments|
The FUDCon campus location is well-served by public transit -- over 1700 vehicles a day stop at the adjacent transit loop. For more information:
- Toronto - TTC website - MyTTC trip planner
- Fares: cash fare $2.75 / 5 tokens for $11.25 / 10 tokens for $22.50
- York Region, North of Toronto - including the Hilton Garden Inn hotel - YRT/VIVA
- Fares: cash fare $3.25 / 10 tickets for $26.00
- Single tickets available from machine at Hotel stop (credit card or coins); 10-packs and single tickets available on campus (debit or cash). Probably a good idea to buy and share a 10-pack once on campus.
- You must purchase a single fare OR validate one fare from a 10-pack before boarding a VIVA vehicle. Fares are valid for 2 hours.
- Southern Ontario - GO Transit
- Fares vary by destination.
Specific Transit Instructions
Transit instructions - hotel to/from campus (refer to map)
- From hotel to campus: Board VIVA ORANGE - DOWNSVIEW STATION at the VIVA Station across the road on the west side of the hotel.
- From campus to hotel: Board VIVA ORANGE - MARTIN GROVE at the VIVA Station on the east side of Ian MacDonald Blvd near Seneca@York.
- VIVA works on a proof-of-payment system - before boarding, obtain a one-ride ticket from the VIVA Station ticket machine, or validate one of the tickets from a 10-ticket pack.
- Single tickets are available at any VIVA Station (payment by cash, or by credit card at the hotel VIVA Station, or by Interac debit card at the campus VIVA Station).
- 10-pack of tickets are available at the VIVA Station on campus (payment by cash or Interac debit card). They are also available from the bookstore at Seneca@York, adjacent to the cafeteria in the SEQ building.
To/from Toronto Pearson International airport
Note: It will take 1.5-2 hours to travel to or from Pearson by bus; consider sharing a taxi to save a significant amount of time.
- To hotel from airport: take the 58A Malton bus from Terminal 3 Arrivals Level or Terminal 1 Ground Level; travel to Jane St. Board the 35C Jane northbound; travel to Highway 7. Walk 500 m west to the Hilton Garden Inn.
- To airport from campus: take the 35E Jane St. bus from the campus transit loop; travel to Lawrence Ave. Board the 58A Malton bus westbound to the Airport.
To/from Toronto City Centre Airport (Porter Airlines)
- To campus or hotel from airport: Take the Porter shuttle bus to Royal York Hotel/Union Station. Board the subway, University line; travel to Downsview station. Board the 196 York University Rocket to the University, or board the VIVA ORANGE to the University or the Hilton Garden Inn (Hwy 7 & Interchange).
- To airport from hotel or campus: Board the VIVA ORANGE - DOWNSVIEW STATION at the VIVA Station across the road on the west side of the hotel, or board the 196 York University Rocket at the campus transit loop. Travel to Downsview Subway Station. Take the subway southbound to Union Station. Exit to Front Street and catch the Porter Airlines shuttle at the north-east corner of Front St and York St.
To/from Toronto Coach Terminal (Megabus or Greyhound)
- To campus or hotel from terminal: Walk to the Dundas subway station (via tunnel or on the surface). Take the southbound subway to Downsview station. Board the 196 York University Rocket to the University, or board the VIVA ORANGE to the University or the Hilton Garden Inn (Hwy 7 & Interchange).
- To terminal from hotel or campus: Board the VIVA ORANGE - DOWNSVIEW STATION at the VIVA Station across the road on the west side of the hotel, or board the 196 York University Rocket at the campus transit loop. Travel to Downsview Subway Station. Take the subway southbound to Dundas station. Walk to the terminal via the underground tunnel or on the surface.