Zikula currently has a News module but we would like to implement PageMaster, which will generate a lot of the code needed to develop and implement a publications workflow.
Dale Bewley has documented some of our initial discussions and thoughts.
Based on this, let's iterate over the proposed workflow:
1) Define beat writer and editor roles in Zikula
- Zikula will be integrated with FAS, so the base level authorization will be as writers;
- editors and site admin roles can promote writers to editors;
- beat writers should be able to:
- open a new article and mark up appropriately with an integrated WYSIWYG editor (using xinhua)
- apply appropriate categories for their beat, to associate it both with a specific FWN issue (for aggregation), as well as to flag it with their beat (also for aggregation)
- submit their article unpublished for editorial review
- editors should be able to:
- see a 'to do' list of the unpublished submitted articles in their categories, and be able to edit these
- publish the edited articles for publication onto Fedora Insight