Appliance Tools Package
The Appliance Tools package
- Name: huff
- Targeted release: Fedora 10
- Last updated: 08-5-08
- Percentage of completion: %50
This package contains tools for building appliance images on Fedora based systems including derived distributions such as RHEL, CentOS and others. The Appliance Creation Tool (ACT) a tool to create Appliance Images from a kickstart file. This tool uses the liveCD creator API as well as patches to the LIVECD API originally written by Daniel P. Berrange <email@example.com> to create a multi partitioned disk image. This Disk image can then be booted in a virtual container such as XEN, KVM, and VMWARE.
See more info on the project at: http://thincrust.net
Benefit to Fedora
- Provides a tools for developers who want to build a fedora based appliance.
- Will start to form some continuity around what fedora appliances will look like.
- Provides a tool to generated a preinstalled multi partitioned disk
new package applinace-tools
1. Test on supported platforms in rawhide, kvm. vmware 2. Work with Fedora QA to ensure that we have sufficient coverage
1. appliance-creator -c /usr/share/appliance-tools/aos-f9.ks --cache=/var/tmp/livecd/
- patches in Livecd-tools
* [PATCH] added get_partitions to kickstart.py * [PATCH] re-factor imgcreate/fs.py module * [PATCH] added compat shims in fs.py for old api * [PATCH] switch internal code to use new api
- commited on 08/05/2008 08:27 PM
* [Fedora-livecd-list] 7 commits - imgcreate/creator.py imgcreate/fs.py imgcreate/kickstart.py imgcreate/live.py * commit: 5a3a91fe44795fb0d5c1f6215081b214d0af3f5b
- port all functionality of new api re-factor imgcreate/fs.py module into applinace-tools package
- Discussion of this project takes places at the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list:
feel free to add a comments......