BIND10 is next generation of the popular BIND9 DNS server rewritten from scratch. BIND10 suite includes both DNS and DHCP service servers.
- Name: Adam Tkac
- Email: atkac redhat com
- Targeted release: Fedora 19
- Last updated: 08-Jan-2013
- Percentage of completion: 10%
BIND10 suite implements two crucial network services - DNS and DHCP. The BIND10 is going to replace both widely used ISC BIND9 and ISC DHCP4 software in the future. It is written from scratch and has modular design.
Benefit to Fedora
Users can easily install & use BIND10 from distribution repositories.
- package BIND10
- pass it through review
- ship it in distro
How To Test
- install bind10
- test DNS authoritative/recursive server
- test DHCP4/DHCP6 servers
- configuration is really non-trivial, good documentation is BIND10 guide
Ability to use BIND10.
Not needed, users just don't have to install bind10 pkgs.