(move to new category naming)
Latest revision as of 18:35, 1 August 2008
 Make Fedora easily customizable
- Last modified: [[Date(2007-01-03T19:56:12Z)]
- Owners: BillNottingham
- Targeted release: ???
 Current status
Make some sort of system that allows for easy customization of Fedora defaults without changing the package set.
 Usage cases/rationale
As we move towards allowing anyone to spin their own version of Fedora, and produce such spins ourselves , we need a way to customize aspects of those distributions in ways beyond the package set in the comps file.
Requires changing various system-level tools. Could involve changes to chkconfig, anaconda, and others.
 Test Plan
Define customization sets, and use them in Fedora Desktop and friends.
What we want to support, at a minimum:
- changing the default set of services to start
What we may want to support:
- changing the default artwork/theme
- changing the default sysctl settings
- changing the default runlevel
- ... more?