Make Fedora easily customizable
- Last modified: [[Date(2007-01-03T19:56:12Z)]
- Owners: BillNottingham
- Targeted release: ???
Make some sort of system that allows for easy customization of Fedora defaults without changing the package set.
As we move towards allowing anyone to spin their own version of Fedora, and produce such spins ourselves , we need a way to customize aspects of those distributions in ways beyond the package set in the comps file.
Requires changing various system-level tools. Could involve changes to chkconfig, anaconda, and others.
Define customization sets, and use them in Fedora Desktop and friends.
What we want to support, at a minimum:
- changing the default set of services to start
What we may want to support:
- changing the default artwork/theme
- changing the default sysctl settings
- changing the default runlevel
- ... more?