Re-base to Eclipse 3.4 (Ganymede).
- Name: Andrew Overholt
- Targeted release: Fedora 10
- Last updated: 2008-06-25
- Percentage of completion: 10%
Benefit to Fedora
The latest bells and whistles :)
- Upgrade/introduce dependencies (see below)
- use p2
- update pdebuild.sh to generate p2 metadata
- ensure our metadata is properly read by p2 if we're going to use the dropins
approach for additional plugins
- ensure our arch-specific/arch-independent split still works
- ensure we have all dependent packages updated and OSGi-ified a la Orbit
- ensure secondary arches can still build and run
Automated upstream tests, daily usage, 3rd party plugin installation
The user should see a seamless upgrade from `eclipse-*-3.3.2` to `eclipse-*-3.4.0`. Hopefully we'll be able to ensure that 3rd party plugins they've installed (into `~/.eclipse`) will continue to work.
- `sat4j` (I have an SRPM I will submit for review ASAP)
- ECF (To be called `eclipse-ecf` and has other dependencies of its own). We'll at least need these ECF bundles:
- OSGi-ifying: `objectweb-asm` (probably with a sub-package, `objectweb-asm-eclipse` or something)
- get a mega-asm bundle from the multiple JARs we have in Fedora now
- the rest of the dependencies from Eclipse 3.3 except Tomcat
Stick with Eclipse 3.3.2.
We may need a release note if we don't get user-installed plugins working.