European Typing Booster is a predictive input method for ibus platform. It predicts complete words based on partial input. One can then simply select word from suggestion list and improve typing speed with more accuracy.
- Targeted release: Fedora 17
Step1: Initial version of ibus-european-table is done. New package request is under https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=761474
Step2: Packaging English language database New package request is under https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=769173
Step3: Initial testing with english language is done.
Step4: Fixing bugs and adding additional database for other European languages
- Last updated: 2012-09-01
- Percentage of completion: 100%
Our aim is to provide efficacious input method that will assist user while typing text.More description of the project can be found on https://fedorahosted.org/ibus-european-table/ European typing booster supports all the supports currently widely used maps, so the user does not need to switch his existing input maps.
Benefit to Fedora
Impetus typing method:
Within few keystrokes user gets the desire word within the list. It saves user's typing and makes typing faster. e.g For typing word "wordnet", it requires six key strokes.With European typing it requires only three keystrokes.
No need to learn new method or technology. User can add/delete new words into the user dictionary. New words will get added automatically.
Since the suggestions come from a validated word dictionary database, the selected words always give 100% accurate spelling. Note: correctly the present generated database is from unreviewed web data, in the long term with community help, they can be reviewed and the correctness checked as per standard. Also infrequent words which may be mis-spellings can be filtered easily from the dictionaries.
1) package added ibus-european-table [Done]
2) Create dictionary tables from wikipedia dumps for English. More languages will follow later.
Added packages english-typing-booster [Done]
3) Testing and improving user experience. [Going On]
How To Test
$sudo yum install ibus-european-table -y
$sudo yum install *typing-booster -y
Add input-methods to ibus from preferences.
Activate input method and type with predictions in applications.
1) Assist the user by showing predictive words
2) Easy while typing of complex words
3) Boost in typing
This feature requires some improvements to be made to ibus-table.
As these are new input methods, no contingency plans necessary.
- See the project website https://fedorahosted.org/ibus-european-table/ and https://fedorahosted.org/english-typing-booster/
- European Typing Booster is a predictive input methods for European languages. Presently it is supporting English language.