Upgrade Fedora to next version using yum upgrade.
- Name: Miroslav Suchý
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: N/A
- Last updated: 2012-11-22
- Percentage of completion: 10%
What needs work
- write man page
- create package
- do package review and get it into Fedora
- testing - a lot of testing
- decide that upgrade path using important
Benefit to Fedora
How To Test
Download https://raw.github.com/xsuchy/fedora-upgrade/master/fedora-upgrade to machine with Fedora 17 and run it. You should end up with Fedora 18. Check if everything is correct.
There is bunch of upgrade methods: PreUpgrade and Anaconda Installer. None of them conflicts with FedoraUpgrade. And if there will be problem with FedoraUpgrade we can easily rollback to PreUpgrade and Anaconda Installer.