m (Jreznik moved page Features/GHC74 to Features/GHC741: Feature owner asked to update name to reflect the real version covered by)
Latest revision as of 12:11, 17 October 2012
 GHC 7.4.1
Update Fedora Haskell packages to the latest major version 7.4.1 of the Glasgow Haskell Compiler.
- Name: Jens Petersen
- Email: petersen at redhat.com
 Current status
- Targeted release: Fedora 18
- Last updated: 2012-09-04
- Percentage of completion: 100%
 Detailed Description
Bumping ghc version requires a complete rebuild of all Haskell packages against the new version.
 Benefit to Fedora
GHC 7.4 is a major new version of the Haskell compiler with many improvements.
- Bootstrap ghc-7.4.1 in rawhide [done]
- Finalize ghc-rpm-macros for F18 [done]
- Refresh and rebuild all Haskell packages with appropriate version bumps [done]
- Build ghc-7.4 for secondary archs [done]
- update Haskell Platform to 2012.2.0.0 [done]
- Test packages in rawhide/f18 [done]
- Block old Haskell Platform packages (releng ticket) [done]
 How To Test
- yum install ghc
- yum install haskell-platform
- yum install @haskell
- yum install xmonad
- yum install ghc-*-devel
- yum install pandoc
- yum install gitit
 User Experience
Fedora users will have the latest major version of GHC available to them.
- For ARM, llvm-3.1 needs to be patched for ghc: see bug [done]
 Contingency Plan
No major problems expected.
 Release Notes
The Haskell GHC compiler has been updated to version 7.4.1 with many new features and improvements. Haskell Platform has been updated to 2012.2.0.0.