GNUstep development environment for Fedora
- Name: Jochen Schmitt
- email: Jochen@herr-schmitt.de
- Targeted release: Fedora 13
- Last updated: 2009-09-27
- Percentage of completion: 20%
TODO: Reviewing the following packages:
GNUstep is a GNU project to implement a Openstep/Nextstep-like environemnt on normal unix/linux systems.
Benefit to Fedora
Providing the GNUstep environment for Fedora which is available on other linux distributation like Debien or Gentoo Linux.
This is a entirely new feature which has no impact for other packages. Only the gnustep-make package, which is part of this feature was updated to the most recent release.
How to Test
- Try out to build and running the gnustep-example package on Fedora.
GNUstep needs the objective C environemnt which is provided by the gcc.
Not required. It can be introduced after the release of a distribution without any impact for the user. Is only an enhancement.
- Please see http://www.gnustep.org