Haskell Platform 2011.4
Bring Fedora Haskell packages up to the latest Haskell Platform release.
- Name: Jens Petersen
- Email: petersen AT fedoraproject org
- Targeted release: Fedora 17
- Last updated: 2012-01-10
- Percentage of completion: 70%
A new stable Haskell Platform release was made in December supporting ghc-7.0.4 and updating 10 platform libraries. This affects about 60 packages in Fedora which need to be rebuilt. The Haskell Platform is the official recommended set of basic libraries and tools for Haskell development.
Benefit to Fedora
Makes sure that Fedora is up-to-date with Haskell library versions so that users developing with Haskell on Fedora will have the latest stable Haskell Platform available to them.
- Update haskell-platform library packages to the latest recommended versions. [done]
- Rebuild reverse-dependent packages in rawhide. [done]
- Updating other packages outside platform to latest versions. [done]
- Testing of packages in Rawhide, Alpha, and Beta.
How To Test
- yum install haskell-platform
- yum install @haskell
- yum install xmonad
- yum install ghc-*-devel
- Testing rebuilding of some packages.
Fedora users will have the latest version of the Haskell Platform available to them. They will find it easier to build the latest packages from Hackage with latest platform libraries available to them.
At this time no problems expected with this stable update.
- Haskell Platform has been updated to the latest stable 2011.4.0.0 release.