Fedora is currently including part of 2.x java-gnome stack. The idea is to update to 4.x stack.
- Name: Juan Pablo Vello
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora 13
- Last Updated: 2009-11-25
- Percentage of completion: 0%
Java-gnome is a Gtk wrapper/implementation for Java Applications that allow to develop gtk applications using Java. To stay in sync with Upstream, we need to move to 4.x release.
Benefit to Fedora
Stay in sync with upstream with latest patches, new features, add capabilities to Java-Gtk applications
Changes to do:
- List packages with currently depends on the current version of stack (2.x) and check compatibility with java-gnome 4.x
- Build 4.x version packages
- If is to hard to fix packages build against 2.x release, both version must be included for backward compatibility (maybe compat-x.rpm?)
How To Test